RT

wooly22

He sucks just as bad. Every time I see him he is getting plowed over into the pocket by a DE..

I live in Virginia now, so I don't get to watch many of the games. I know he is young, and if he is at least as good as Green, why not get him some more game time?

I live in Virginia now, so I don't get to watch many of the games. I know he is young, and if he is at least as good as Green, why not get him some more game time?

Spot on. If your expensive old player sucks, what on earth do have to lose? The worst thing that can happen is that the young kid sucks, too.

meredith does play a lot! especially with Bell not going the whole game yet. and he was not good. he got run over by Clay Matthews on one of the sacks. Green is bad at pass protection but i don't think Jamon looked particularly good at anything, unfortunately. i agree going forward you could keep giving him playing time since he has more upside, but for now he's mainly subbing for Bell...poorly.

Yeah he has played at LT the past few games to spell Bell and he has gotten lit up every time! I feel sorry for Bell as actually he has blocked OK but every time Meredith comes in and gives up a sack on the left side it makes the position look bad. Case in point on 4th down, they put Meredith in and Matthews eats him up; the next series Bell is back in. I think Gailey is overthinking himself.

With that said, I think Meredith may be capable on the right side; he can't be as bad as Green; if so then he can learn on the job as he has potential unlike Green. Ditto for Kelsay; why watch him struggle playing out of position when we have younger prospects with potential wasting on the bench? It's not like we are built to win this year and players like Kelsay, Green (Trent is inches from being in this group!) have shown that they have reached a ceiling. I could deal with Meredith, Maybin, or Ellis getting abused not veterans.