Unless Trent Edwards signs a contract extention

Fitzmagic

More like the second coming of Joe Montegna ...

Good one! Although Joe is pretty dynamic in Criminal Minds.

I'd take Matt Hasselbeck as a stop gap and take a rookie. With Nix being part of a team that drafted Brees AND rivers, I have good hope that he will not make a JP losan type error and will at least get us a QB of Flacco type talent.

I still think the most likely scenario is they sign edwards and draft a rookie, and their reasoning will be "he already knows the system, blah blah blah." It isn't what I want, but I just feel that this is the type of organization that would do that. The only saving grace is, edwards might just choose to retire. He never seemed like he really wanted to be a football player long term.

Teams really can't afford to "groom" their 1st round QB's any more. They just throw them in and let them take their lumps. The proverbial sink or swim method, although that could change if a new CBA includes a sensible rookie salary scale.

IMO - Trent Edwards will not be resigned unless he wins at least 8 or 9 games this season. I guess it could happen. The catch is... if we don't 8 or 9 games... we will potentially be a top 10 pick which means we will probably draft a quarterback in the first round.

Potential FA QBS:

Tyler Thigpen - a possible addition. Gailey has worked with Tyler before and there is room to grow.

Matt Hasselbeck - highly unlikely due to Gailey wanting to go younger.

Potential QBs in the 2011 draft:

Case Keenum - over 5,600 yards and 44 TDs in 2009 - this could spark an offensive passing game for Buffalo. Could thrive in Gaileys 4 wide set. The Cougars were ranked #80 on rushing offense.

Andy Dalton - A big arm and will probably be successful in the NFL. 62% passing percentage.

Jake Locker - Big arm and probably the top QB in the 2011 Draft... although things do change.

Andrew Luck - I would take Locker over Luck but Luck still has a decent arm. Did I mention he is from Stanford? <_<

I predict the Bills will not draft:

Ryan Mallett

Sorry but Chan dream QB to win now not 5 years from now will be Mike Vick because Chan see's Kordell Stewart times 5 with Vick . Chan is playing to Win in the NFL now and Vick next year a Free Agent gives him the best chance . Chan like putting fear in a Defense and along with Spiller Vick would put FEAR in all the DEFENSES in the AFC east. NO more teeing off to rush the QB