HEY NIX!!!!

I think Nix proved that Ralph has put some trust in the GM position. Nix did the draft the way he wanted, now the next step is to convince Ralph why a few big moves like trading Evans and signing Mankins will only help make the Bills a contender. I truly think the Bills can be a contender in 2 years if they play their cards right, we are not too far away. If we can land Mankins and move Evans/Lynch for the picks I mentioned then we are in great shape already for next year. We get our QB and LT and let our new QB learn the ropes and get familiar with the new line next year. After next year I think with a first round WR, second round MLB, a key FA signing we become a contender entering our QB's second season and only grow stronger from there.

The draft has a predetremined budget, so yeah he gets trust with what he is going to spend there. So if your is a quick fix who plays WR for us as the #1 this year and next?

You left a gapping hole in our roster which is already a weakness. :thumbdown:

Edited by bowery4

A little background on myself, I am currently a head manager of a D1 college football team and working my way up in hopes of becoming a GM in the NFL one day....

That's an awesome goal, and I wish you the best. Especially if you are an equipment manager at your college - nothing like learning every aspect of a football team from the ground up. Unfortunately by the time you work your way up to being hired by an NFL team, chances are high that the Buffalo Bills won't exist, unless that mystery group Jim Kelly talks about really does outbid other cities for the Bills after Ralph dies.

And your ideas are good, as are most of the ideas fans bring up out here. But none of us are GM of the Bills, Buddy Nix is, and Buddy Nix ain't tradin' for players like Logan Mankins in this lifetime. Why wouldn't he have simply made Alan Faneca a deal he couldn't refuse if finding a real NFL starting caliber OL was on his list this past spring and summer?? Of course Mankins is younger and better, but Fanaca is still a good OG and was an UFA that Arizona signed about 5 minutes after the Jets cut him.

As Buffalo Bills fans we are all screwed these days. It's obvious Ralph is keeping the payroll costs down more then trying to win the elusive SB in his 5th try before he dies. Now things could be 100% different if Shannahan or Cowher would have taken the GM and or HC'ing job Ralph allegedly offered to both men. Lord knows those guys would not work for an owner who was not committed to winning now no matter what they thought the cost would be. Then again, we know Brandon and Wilson met with Shannahan in Denver, and maybe the parties did not agree because of Wilson's "budget" demands for payroll, who knows?

But looking at the current OL and QB situation that Nix has allowed to happen after being on the job since last February, money is obviously a huge consideration in Buffalo these days.

A little background on myself, I am currently a head manager of a D1 college football team and working my way up in hopes of becoming a GM in the NFL one day. The last time the Bills made the playoffs I was 11 years old so my LIFE goal would be to be the GM of the Bills one day and help make them a champion.

Im going to play GM here and see what you guys think, now I beleive sometimes you have to make some ballsie moves if you're a GM in the NFL. My first move I make is to see if the Vikings are interested in Lee Evans for a 2nd round pick, they are desperate for a WR and he is just rotting on our roster. I then see if the Seahawks are still interested in Lynch, Jackson is still good for another 3-4 years and we can use him and Spiller and let Bell develope as a 3rd stringer. If the Seahawks are still interested I send lynch there was for their 3rd, and will probably have to send them a 6th ontop of it. This is where I make a move for Logan Mankins with the Pats, with our depth at CB and the Pats need for secondary I give them their choice of Youboty or Corner and a 3rd round pick.

With Mankins now in the fold I will try and give him a 5 year contract worth around 28-30 million with about 12-15 million gaurenteed. I put him in at Left Guard, move Levitre to RT, bench Green for depth, slide Wood over to center, and put Hangartner at Gaurd, a position better suited for him and one he played in college and spent time there with Carolina. For the rest of the year our Oline will look Bell, Mankins, Wood, Hangartner, Levitre.

Now I sit pat until the draft where I fully expect the Bills to have their choice of the top QB in the draft. With their first pick I take the best available QB, hopefully Andrew Luck, Stanford. I then try and package both of our 2nd round picks to move back into the mid range first and grab our LT. With our 3rd I grab the best available MLB or WR and try and find gems in the later rounds.

Normally Im not a big fan of starting a rookie QB the first year, but I think with Spiller and Jackson in the back field we can start Luck day one and let Gailey work his magic with the QB. With our new LT I start him there, move Bell to RT, Levitre back to gaurd, and sit Hangartner as depth. So our Oline looks like this, New LT, Mankins, Wood, Levitre, Bell.

Hopefully Easley is ready to step up because trading away Evans made us weak at WR, but having Shaun Nelson at TE will help, along with Spiller and Jackson in the back field.

I then give my newly formed offense a year to grow as a unit and use the following draft to pick up our star WR and truly make the Bills a contender for years to come. I think in order to succeed for the future we need to make some moves that may weaken us at first, but at this point "blowing up" might be the best means for our offense. Defense should be in good shape after the young guys we drafted last year grow, Troupe, Carrington, Maybin, ect.

I was with this Super Model and .. Huh? What? Oh wait I was only dreaming...

Have we mailed it in on Wang and Meredith? Not a horrible scenario, but in today's NFL, never gonna happen. You can't trade your best offensive player without sending a message to your team that you don't care if you win. And that is also not going to happen from the standpoint of a 1st year GM and 1st year coach. They're not exactly searching for rock bottom to impress the fans.

Well the Pats are in a position where they cannot really get much for Mankins, everyone in the league knows he does not want to resign with the team, especially after the team was close to resigning him and asked him to issue a public apology, that did not sit well with him and he re-demanded a trade, not to mention he will be a UFA next year. The Pats just signed Brady to a large deal and have 2 first round picks in next years draft, and it might be the last draft before a rookie cap is installed, so draft picks will be looking for big deals. They also have to explore resigning Moss. It is a fair trade in the aspect of Buffalo having to give up some cash to sign him, we take him off the Pats hands, they get a high 3rd round pick, and most likely take Youboty which will help strengthen their terrible secondary this season, they showed us they need help stopping the pass if they hope to make it to the Super Bowl this year.

Mankins deal was for 57 mill, 25-30 gauranteed there D1 jersey washer.