just watched 'Point After'

Lothar

Interesting comments from Ace Freeley (with apologies to Tasker and Criqui) - he said they were surprised the Bills started the game trying to play cover 2 against em given the problems their OL had. He thought they changed up in the 2nd half to doing what every other team does against them and try to put pressure and caused them a lot more problems. I have noticed that Gray has been employing a more vanilla scheme in the 1st quarter or so before ratcheting up the blitz schemes - though I haven't seen any exotic zone blitzes the last few weeks either.

To be honest, I don't think the Bills did a good job either with the pass rush or much of their coverage. And this despite the 5 picks. I was surprised how little pressure the Bills managed on the maligned Fins OL. I excuse our offense a bit because of the injuries and the fact they're playing a good D. But the defense seemed outa sorts on coverage for most of the 1st 3 quarters or so. I'm not sure if that first quarter was just blown coverages due to youthful mistakes or that Feeley had ample time to find receivers. Make no mistake - if we want to play with the big boys this year, we really do need Troy Vincent back. I think we have some developing players in the back (including McGee and Baker) but they're not ready to take on playoff caliber teams just yet.

But the sign of a team that is maturing is the fact that they won without their A game. Let's hope it's a sign of good things to come.

Yeah, our defense sucked much of today, making Feeley look like Marino for a while. And Minor Travis got nearly 100 yards! Yuk.

Clements with another bone-headed play, trying to scoop up the fumble on the run. Just FALL ON IT, Nate! You friggin' hot dog. I do appreciate his INT and most of his play, but sometimes his head gets stuck in his ass (isn't that hard to do while you are running at full speed?) Oh well...

Big Pat running his INT for a TD was sweeeeet. Sam got his INT return for TD last year, now Pat!

I don't fault Clements much on that play. It was a tightly contested battle, and there was NOBODY between him and the endzone. Yeah, they teach you to just fall on it; that said, if he was able to get a handle on it, we get 7 points, so I can't blame him for trying there.

CW

Yeah, our defense sucked much of today, making Feeley look like Marino for a while.  And Minor Travis got nearly 100 yards!  Yuk.

Clements with another bone-headed play, trying to scoop up the fumble on the run.  Just FALL ON IT, Nate!  You friggin' hot dog.  I do appreciate his INT and most of his play, but sometimes his head gets stuck in his ass (isn't that hard to do while you are running at full speed?) Oh well...

Big Pat running his INT for a TD was sweeeeet.  Sam got his INT return for TD last year, now Pat!

147993[/snapback]

Umm aftert he first quarter melt down.

Dolphins 13 possesions 57 plays 242 yards 6 t/o 8 points..Pretty good I would say...

Bills same stretch 13 possesions 49 plays 300 yards 28 points 1 t/o