There seems to be a lot of questions about player options

Steely Dan

There are some very promising rookies, but a lot of rookies look good in preseason and then look less than ordinary during the regular season. CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews and Jahvid Best look like money but how will the HC split their carries? Also, when rookies hit the wall it seems to be right around FF playoff time. There are also a lot of big names who are suspended for part of the season, getting old or coming off injuries.

Some examples: Clinton Portis (In 2008 he started all 16 games and rushed for 1,497 yards. In 2009 he was only in eight games and had a nagging injury all season long so he only rushed for 494 yards.) Can he come back to being close to his 2008 form? Does the fact that Mike Shanahan drafted him enter into anything? Ronnie Brown (IIRC, he was the number one FF player just before being injured.) How well can he come back from his injury? Can Percy Harvin get his migraines under control? Is Brett Favre gonna hit the wall this year? Will Mike Martz make the Chicago offense pump out a few good FF guys? Will Ben and Santonio come back to the Steelers and Jets and not skip a beat after four weeks off?

Who do you guys think are the sleepers and busts for this year?

My super sleeper for this year is Dexter McCluster. Charlie Weis took over the offense and he wasn't a good HC, but he's a good OC. McCluster has good receiving and running skills. I don't think Weis came up with the way to use Wes Welker but I'm sure he has studied film on it. Could McCluster be KC's Wes Welker?

Edited by Steely Dan