Madden Football

SWVABillsFan

Like most I think the $60.00 price tag is ridiculous. With it and how things in the game go I am disappointed. Let me start with the rosters. They are never correct and to try and keep an accurate to real roster is about impossible. You have to create players of whom you have no idea of what their attributes are and can not find anything on line no where for most. If you play online you only get them there but for that purpose only. This is lame. Now the franchise mode. It needs to be more realistic. They need to get data on ALL players and have a realistic pre season with player cuts. Give us a huge roster and let us keep it week by week. Pre season play. The way the depth charts are handled by the system is ridiculous. All players are changed at halftime regardless with the 2nd in that position on the depth chart put in. This needs to be either handled better or let the human player handle all faccets of it. I.E. - if you have 3 TE's and want all to play 20 minutes, at 5 minutes into the second quarter you put in your #2, at half time the system will put back in the #1 or the #3 depending on how you change the depth chart. There should also be a practice squad. These are just a few of my complaints where I believe my $60.00 can be put to more use. If somebody else has already started a thread like this please tie this into it and I aopolgize. If you have other faults or complaints please list them also. Perhaps somehow EA Sports can read this thread.

Edited by SWVABillsFan

Like most I think the $60.00 price tag is ridiculous. With it and how things in the game go I am disappointed. Let me start with the rosters. They are never correct and to try and keep an accurate to real roster is about impossible. You have to create players of whom you have no idea of what their attributes are and can not find anything on line no where for most. If you play online you only get them there but for that purpose only. This is lame. Now the franchise mode. It needs to be more realistic. They need to get data on ALL players and have a realistic pre season with player cuts. Give us a huge roster and let us keep it week by week. Pre season play. The way the depth charts are handled by the system is ridiculous. All players are changed at halftime regardless with the 2nd in that position on the depth chart put in. This needs to be either handled better or let the human player handle all faccets of it. I.E. - if you have 3 TE's and want all to play 20 minutes, at 5 minutes into the second quarter you put in your #2, at half time the system will put back in the #1 or the #3 depending on how you change the depth chart. There should also be a practice squad. These are just a few of my complaints where I believe my $60.00 can be put to more use. If somebody else has already started a thread like this please tie this into it and I aopolgize. If you have other faults or complaints please list them also. Perhaps somehow EA Sports can read this thread.

1) Rosters are updated fairly regularly by EA throughout the season. The important one is the week 1 update which should have all the correct regular season rosters.

2) The rosters downloaded for online use CAN be used in other modes. Just go into your My Madden area and load them.

3) Preseason depth charts? Seriously? This is what you're complaining about?

Edit: I just realized this is only my 11th post since 2003. Awesome.

Edited by Jared

There would be no point to a practice squad and like 75 players during preseason. YOu only need to have 52 players because none of them will be any good. You will put a bunch of 65 overall players that will never reach average throughout there career so why would you even consider having a practice squad. None of them or going to have break out seasons or anything. So it would be stupid and time wasting.

he is right.

Franchise mode needs a TON of work. Injured Reserve is broken (you can place a player on IR but they still take up 1 of your 53 roster spots)

All 53 players should not be active during the game

You should not have to have a FB

Free Agency period should be overhauled

Draft Day should be overhauled

There should be a practice squad.

And don't give me the whole this is a game ****. The game should be pretty authentic if they want us to pay 60 dollars a year. Look at LMB the show for an amazingly authentic sports game.

You should not have to have a FB

That's a big one with me too. It shouldn't be an issue if I don't have enough players of a certain position. Just let me fill out my 53 man roster how I want to. If I want 53 punters then STFU and let me do that.

Overall though I am happy with my purchase this year. The game is enough of an improvement to at least keep me playing it. It would be nice to have some actual innovation, but we all knew that was dead the day EA signed the exclusivity deal.

gameplay is getting good, but what really kills me is how Franchise is not deep at all. It didn't use to bother me as much but seeing other games going as deep as it gets, there is no reason why EA can't do it. There are not 3 levels of minor leagues, simply a practice squad.

AND WHERE IS THE WAIVER WIRE

There would be no point to a practice squad and like 75 players during preseason. YOu only need to have 52 players because none of them will be any good. You will put a bunch of 65 overall players that will never reach average throughout there career so why would you even consider having a practice squad. None of them or going to have break out seasons or anything. So it would be stupid and time wasting.

Are you referring to the 'Ultimate' team mode?

I got addicted to the Ultimate online mode last year. Once you start winning some games and getting coins, you can start adding players rated higher than '65' overall.

After the additions of a few stud players (rated in the 90-95 range) your team really starts to improve. I got my team up to '99 overall' and spent about an extra $150 doing it. They really know how to 'lure ya in' :wallbash:

I'm 38 and have a decent paying job, I can imagine how addicting and difficult this is for an 11 year old with only a paper route. No wonder kids sell drugs! :devil:

I purchased the 2011 game for PS3...I am kind of bored with it...and I don't like the game play all that much. I don't have all that much time to spend playing the game, so when I do have time, I don't want to spend all that time, trying to figure out how to play the damn thing...

The roster thing doesn't bother me so much...

Edited by Buftex