Just some observations when looking at the 53

Deep2Moulds46

What about B. Paschoe as TE candidate? nice size, good blocker also Chix has stated that they're gonna use the 4-3 often would a guy like B.McCray work good as pass rusher, I just don't see it from Maybin/Maybin-not. Really wished the Bills would have been pro-active and pursued Grons from the Lions would have been great...

Ellison is going to play where exactly in this 3-4?

Ellison will play LB in the Nickel package. We have a complete lack of LBs with coverage skills. Expect teams to run a lot of inside traps and draws against the nickel when Kelsay and Maybin are on the ends and Ellison is on the field.

After Evans, our current group of wrs is probably the worst in the NFL.

I disagree, we'll finally see Parrish used correctly this season which will be a big plus. Aside from TO who was incredibly mediocre last year how are we that different from last year? We can even get Josh Reed back if we want him.

I haven't been able to watch any preseason games this year, so I am strictly going by what I saw from last year and TC reports...but..

Keeping 2 TE's is kind of a surprise. I guess maybe we'll just put a 6th OL in for short yardage situations until Nelson gets back.

This is collectively, the worst offensive line group I have seen in a long time. Outside of Wood, Levitre and Hangartner, you could make the case that we have a bunch of UFL prospects , and unfortunately, two of them have to start.

Im a little surprised Kelsay made the roster given his salary and the lack of a salary cap. We could have cut him with little to no penalty, and he isnt a fit in the 3-4.

Ellison is going to play where exactly in this 3-4?

I loved our DB's before the season started, now for some reason, when I see it written down, it looks like an average group to me.

To address your points:

1.) There is no guarantee they will be going into the season w/only 2 TE's. BuffaloRumblings.com is reporting (from the Bills site, no less) that the Bills are most likely not done wheeling and dealing yet. This may include picking up a waived TE.

2.) For someone who has not watched any preseason games this year, that's a pretty ignorant thing to say about the O-line. Granted, there are no marque names (if offensive lineman even can have such status), but this line is actually decent. All of the RB's (well, perhaps except Lynch) got some room to run, had little to no false starts, little holding calls, and appear much more disciplined than any line of the past decade.

We'll see what the regular season brings, but these guys are better. And I am so glad Kirk Chambers is finally gone. Next: Modrak!

3.) I agree with all of your Kelsay points. He looks way to stiff in the hips to seriously be anything but a liability in pass coverage. He is stout at the point of attack, which should help in the run game, but he is making way too much to have been retained. He's probably an insurance-type of player that will be gone next year.

4.) I agree with your Ellison position too. Ellison is too undersized, and though scrappy should have been let go.

5.) The DB's are currently at 11. I assume this will change should any new players come aboard via trade or free agency/ waiver wire. I'm actually pretty impressed with our starting 5 DB's. McKelvin, McGee, Whitner, Byrd, and Florence. That's solid.

I really thought Bell would be here after the cuts.. I hope he gets picked up by someone and gets a chance to make an impact!!

I hear you, man.

I'm actually surprised that both Bell and Simpson were waived.

Simpson runs with speed and grit. Put in his kickoff ability, and I thought he deserved a spot.

I'm actually surprised that both Bell and Simpson were waived.

Simpson runs with speed and grit. Put in his kickoff ability, and I thought he deserved a spot.

Simpson's biggest asset was probably his KR skills and on a team with Terrence McGee, Roscoe Parrish, Fred Jackson AND CJ Spiller KR was not a place of need. I know I'm in the minority but I thought Bell was pretty ordinary. Yes I know he had numbers but he didn't seem to have much suddenness to him. He was slow in and out of cuts and didn't have big top end speed. Not that he's completely god awful, just that those guys are a dime a dozen.

Followed the Bills since I can remember, 31 now. Watched all four of the preseason games. Read all of these forums, read all the blogs, watched all of the video clips at buffalobills.com and lots of other teams. I understand how the WW and the PS works. I have my opinions, but who the hell am I. I like what I have seen with Nix and Gailey.