A lot of fans day 'Trade Marshawn'

It is pretty obvious to me that CJ Spiller will be one of the most dynamic RB's in the league for the next few seasons (injury aside) and he will be an intricate part of this offense. Now the need for a #2 or #1a RB is still there to go with Spiller because he is not a 25-30 carry RB, but the Bills have a luxury at this point.

Granted, Marshawn has 2 strikes against him (clipping the Canadian woman and the gun issue) but I have to believe he knows that was it for him. Marshawn is 24 and when in shape and motivated, is still a top RB in the NFL, and will get even better as the OL improves.

I like Fred Jackson, do not get me wrong here. But Fred is 29 and has some wheels left that I am sure a contending team that needs depth at QB or another 1a type RB.

Get a pick for Jackson this year, keep Marshawn and Spiller and form perhaps the best 1-2 RB punch in the NFL.

And if Marshawn gets Strike 3, RB's are generally easier to find in the draft or FA.

Thoughts?

Edited by RaidersEast

I think we should keep all three. That being said if we HAD to trade one of them it damn sure wouldn't be Jackson. I understand he is 29 and RB's tend to have short careers but he hasn't taken the beating most 29 year old RB's have.

That is not to mention the fact that Freddy contributes everywhere. He was the first player to rush for 1,000 and amass 1,000 on kick offs. He had 2,516 total yards last year(rush, recieving, return). Which, by the way, is the fourth highest total in league history. http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/16816/can-fred-jackson-be-ready-for-dolphins

And you want to trade away a player like that? Don't let my name fool you I'm no Fred Jackson homer. I just go by what I see on the field and compare that with the numbers I have placed before you.

Edited by ActionJackson22

Keep all three. Lynch starts. Spiller is used in multiple ways. Freddy backs them both up. Nobody would trade for a 30 y/o RB. If someone would be dumb enough to give up a 2nd round pick or a starting LB/tackle for Lynch go for it but it won't happen. Barring a serious injury to a contender's RB there is no market for Lynch. His value is with this team.

Jackson does have the most value for a trade, even tho I'd hate to see him go. Rather see Lynch get traded personally, but prob not much trade value there. maybe later in season, when he's healthy & another team loses a RB.