formations tonight

dgrid

1) I often noticed the Offset I w/ slot. since I was watching from laptop feed, couldn't see who was in backfield. Did they use 1 of the FBs in there, or 2 RBs, or mix of both?

2) There was a nice pass where they used 3 RBs (may have been the bomb to Evans). I missed the snap, what formation they use for that? Power-T, Wishbone??

thx in advance

1) I often noticed the Offset I w/ slot. since I was watching from laptop feed, couldn't see who was in backfield. Did they use 1 of the FBs in there, or 2 RBs, or mix of both?

thx in advance

They used the FB a lot more than we've seen recently and McIntyre looked pretty good.

My guess is that Gailey at the very least is striking a balance between the important task of having the players get a for how each scheme feels to line up in game situations

(simulating the game feel seems important to a Gailey coached team as seen in pre-season camp where the team not only practices punt formation with not only the O and D lined up as if it were a real play, but the team actually practices what seems to be little more than lining up in the correct position and coming out of their sets as they run these set-ups several times but do without caring out the play, Interestingly this practice play seems only devoted to filming to correct them lining up incorrectly or possibly how a player comes out of his stance as not only does Moorman catch the ball and not punt it but the pass rusher/blockers then do little engagement as they grab the opponents arms but do not even seriously simulate a rush on the punt,

They even have McKelvin and Parrish alternate standing downfield for a punt that never comes.

These plays seem little more than being better able to accurately visualize the play as studies indicate this actually can be a useful way to practice in terms of achieving real world results later.

It sounds a bit airy fairy but I think the Bills will display some formations they will rely on in regular season, buy also I think the team only will use certain schemes once the regular season starts so as not to give opponents much film to work with.

Thus I think all the formation viewing in pre-season needs to come with a huge grain (if not a boulder) of salt.