If This Is A Learning Year For Bills (which is fine)

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but did you expect them to say sales were poor? Most of the stories are anecdotal, but indications from people I work with and on this board are that sales are low. The economy was very bad last year and yet they sold 55k season tickets. I don't buy that as a reason sales are down and merely a distraction from the obvious: people are no longer buying the hype from OBD.

If the NFL is wildly popular and the Bills aren't selling 50k season tickets a year, something's wrong. I dare say that the NFL is a much more popular sport than it was when Buffalo was having their best ticket selling years during the SB years.

The 'pretty good' part from the sales guy was his attempt to spin. However, he did say that sales were down, which does confirm your point. How much I guess we will see.

I don't know if it is people not buying OBD hype or the lack thereof. Spiller is a flashy player but that is the only addition that I can see that would make people open their wallets. A real low profile hire as coach and GM, no big FA or new toy at QB and a pretty poor team last year would make this team a tough sell. ( please don't read the last line as if I would encourage those types of moves from a purely football standpoint)

You are right about the economy and stuff, while not helpful, if this team was on its way to the playoffs I don't think selling season tickets would be an issue.