Flutie Flakes

An ever-so-Deanish post which embodies all of your sterling qualities.

And BTW, what's with the not-so-subtle disrespect in your main paragraph…or was that supposed to be an attempt at humor?

Whatever, Dean.

That

Yeah, but who cares. It's stupid to do what he did but it's pretty stupid to get all bent out of shape about it too. He or someone associated with the Dolphins paid for that box of Flutie flakes so he can do whatever he wants with it and Flutie's foundation still got the money. Unless he encouraged people to go into super markets, take the boxes down off the shelf and stomp them so they can't be bought then I really think it's people making a big deal out of a pretty insignificant gesture.

Flutie also could have not fumbled to the end the game that day. Then Johnson probably wouldn't have stepped on some cereal.

Karma is a B word, though. I just finished watching My Name Is Earl and was immediately reminded of JJ's final playoff loss. The Buffalo Bills have NEVER been that humiliated. The Dolphins absolutely QUIT on JJ. What was the final score? 62-3?

One of the most classless acts in all of sports history that I recall was after the Dolphins beat us in that thrilling playoff game, when Jimmy Johnson produced a box of Flutie Flakes and stomped on it in the locker room, encouraging his players to do the same.

Totally classless person and an immensely tacky human being.

As Johnson and everyone knows and knew, profits from the sales of Flutie Flakes go towards Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, created in honor of Flutie's autistic son. The goal of the foundation is to create awareness of, and a cure for autism.

Dont forget about the ever-so-lovely fingers dedicated to us last year by Mr. Titans

There is not much to talk about sooooo.... last night I was watching ELR and I saw on the set at the top of the fridge they had a box of flutie flakes... I thought it was funny cuz I never noticed this... I googled it and it was also on the set of dawsons creek the father had it for breakfast a good bit.

Anyways just thought I'd post this useless info...

Thanks.

Go Bills LES THAN 3 WEEKS FOR PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!

I saw your post and had to respond.... I have an autographed box of Flutie Flakes in my den that I have been thinking about putting for sale on E-Bay. ( I'm out of work for health reasons and figured I'd pick up several bucks for it...)...There is a little story that goes with the Box as well! I remember after a game that flutie pulled out in the end..I was thinking Jacksonville, because I remember this Jacksonville fan getting all snotty with me (and everyone), because we beat them..I am thinking it's the same game (I may be wrong)...anyways it was drizzling out after the game..and Flutie was one of the only players to remain outside near the tunnel entrance of the outside of the stadium. You would see different players come out with a few family members and get in their cars and drive off, but not Flutie!! There was a line of people wanting his autograph and he was getting a little wet. His security team that remained tried to pull the plug on the autographs, and usher flutie away to cozier confines... I distinctly heard Flutie tell his security detail that he was staying out there until he signed an autograph for everyone that was waiting (even though he was getting wet). I thought that that was such a classy thing for him to do as I wouldn't have blamed him if he would've wrapped things up prematurely. I would sell it to a real Bills fan from here before listing on ebay if there is interest?

I also met Jim Kelly once at the Raddison Hotel in Virginia Beach, VA when I was in the Navy back in the early '90s. He walked in over an hour late for the autograph session/auction (part of the Bruce Smith Golf tournament events) all pissed off. There are bank teller type of ropes sectioning off different areas of the entrance and some old lady is standing in his way. I actually saw Jim Kelly unconciously raise his hands as if he was going to push her out of his way, and then you could see he thought about it by his expression and decided "bad idea"...as he proceeded to the event area he became surrounded by autograph hounds including myself. After a long wait, it's my turn and I have a Jim Kelly NFL football that I present him to be signed. He took my football, and marker and signed part of the "J" in Jim and then handed back to me and said exactly "This marker sucks". I thought that was crude, but bought a brand new marker and an hour later after waiting I finally got my opportunity for his autograph again. I stood happily awaiting my autographed football, Jimbo was signing it and the world became right again...Then suddenly, he quickly hands my football to some other dude..and bloop! my football disappeared in the crowd. I was in disbelief, and I diplomatically said to Kelly that he gave my football to someone else. He wouldn't answer me nor look at me. I said just slightly louder in case he couldn't hear me...I said "Jim, you gave my football to someone else." Again, he wouldn't respond nor look at me...even though he heard me. He just continued to walk away. I know it was probably wrong, but that marker met up with the back of "someone's" sportcoat later in the event. Just prior to leaving a guy walked up to me and said to me, "I guess this is yours," and handed me my football with a disappointed sound in his voice like he wanted it, but knew it wasn't his. My football tells a story, about a guy that I thought I respected as a person, and a football player. After that day, I still rooted for the player in Jim Kelly..but I never looked at him with admiration as a person again. I may put this football up on ebay as well, which you can see the partial "J" besides his autorgraph, and would prefer to sell it to a loyal Buffalo Bills fan.

There is not much to talk about sooooo.... last night I was watching ELR and I saw on the set at the top of the fridge they had a box of flutie flakes... I thought it was funny cuz I never noticed this... I googled it and it was also on the set of dawsons creek the father had it for breakfast a good bit.

Anyways just thought I'd post this useless info...

Thanks.

Go Bills LES THAN 3 WEEKS FOR PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!

I saw your post and had to respond.... I have an autographed box of Flutie Flakes in my den that I have been thinking about putting for sale on E-Bay. ( I'm out of work for health reasons and figured I'd pick up several bucks for it...)...There is a little story that goes with the Box as well! I remember after a game that flutie pulled out in the end..I was thinking Jacksonville, because I remember this Jacksonville fan getting all snotty with me (and everyone), because we beat them..I am thinking it's the same game (I may be wrong)...anyways it was drizzling out after the game..and Flutie was one of the only players to remain outside near the tunnel entrance of the outside of the stadium. You would see different players come out with a few family members and get in their cars and drive off, but not Flutie!! There was a line of people wanting his autograph and he was getting a little wet. His security team that remained tried to pull the plug on the autographs, and usher flutie away to cozier confines... I distinctly heard Flutie tell his security detail that he was staying out there until he signed an autograph for everyone that was waiting (even though he was getting wet). I thought that that was such a classy thing for him to do as I wouldn't have blamed him if he would've wrapped things up prematurely. I would sell it to a real Bills fan from here before listing on ebay if there is interest?

I also met Jim Kelly once at the Raddison Hotel in Virginia Beach, VA when I was in the Navy back in the early '90s. He walked in over an hour late for the autograph session/auction (part of the Bruce Smith Golf tournament events) all pissed off. There are bank teller type of ropes sectioning off different areas of the entrance and some old lady is standing in his way. I actually saw Jim Kelly unconciously raise his hands as if he was going to push her out of his way, and then you could see he thought about it by his expression and decided "bad idea"...as he proceeded to the event area he became surrounded by autograph hounds including myself. After a long wait, it's my turn and I have a Jim Kelly NFL football that I present him to be signed. He took my football, and marker and signed part of the "J" in Jim and then handed back to me and said exactly "This marker sucks". I thought that was crude, but bought a brand new marker and an hour later after waiting I finally got my opportunity for his autograph again. I stood happily awaiting my autographed football, Jimbo was signing it and the world became right again...Then suddenly, he quickly hands my football to some other dude..and bloop! my football disappeared in the crowd. I was in disbelief, and I diplomatically said to Kelly that he gave my football to someone else. He wouldn't answer me nor look at me. I said just slightly louder in case he couldn't hear me...I said "Jim, you gave my football to someone else." Again, he wouldn't respond nor look at me...even though he heard me. He just continued to walk away. I know it was probably wrong, but that marker met up with the back of "someone's" sportcoat later in the event. Just prior to leaving a guy walked up to me and said to me, "I guess this is yours," and handed me my football with a disappointed sound in his voice like he wanted it, but knew it wasn't his. My football tells a story, about a guy that I thought I respected as a person, and a football player. After that day, I still rooted for the player in Jim Kelly..but I never looked at him with admiration as a person again. I may put this football up on ebay as well, which you can see the partial "J" besides his autorgraph, and would prefer to sell it to a loyal Buffalo Bills fan.