Comparing 09-10 Results to 10-11

Before the 2009 season, the NFL Network ranked the 32 teams in order from worst to first. At the end of the season, the 15th ranked team defeated the 4th ranked team from that list.

Going into 2010, that translates to the Houston Texans defeating the NY Jets. Well, that can't happen since they are both in the AFC. I understand it's a stab in the dark to expect the same thing to happen, but I find it fun to play with.

Assuming the Jets go, the NFC teams just above the Texans in the rankings are the Falcons and Eagles.

If it were the Texans to make it, the NFC teams just above the Jets in the rankings are the Vikings and Saints.

I said in the SB 2011 predictions thread (http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=114439) that it would be Chargers over Bears with the 49ers & Texans losing the conf champ games. That’s nowhere near what this pseudo-prediction has, but both sets of predictions are interesting to me. Of course, Mathews will have to fill LT’s shoes, and the MMcNeill & VJackson contracts could affect my prediction.