1st Rounders need to show up.

Mckelvin, Maybin and Spiller all need to produce well for this team to have any chance this year. I would like to see Mckelvin have at least 6 interceptions, Maybin have at least 8 sacks and Spiller to score 8 TD's. They were picked in the first round for a reason, talent and need to show it. What do you expect from our first rounders???

Mckelvin, Maybin and Spiller all need to produce well for this team to have any chance this year. I would like to see Mckelvin have at least 6 interceptions, Maybin have at least 8 sacks and Spiller to score 8 TD's. They were picked in the first round for a reason, talent and need to show it. What do you expect from our first rounders???

Add McCargo, Lynch, Whitner to the list...and hopefully Wood comes back from here career-threatening injury.

Guest dog14787
Add McCargo, Lynch, Whitner to the list...and hopefully Wood comes back from here career-threatening injury.

When you look at our current Bills 1st rounders, you get the feeling CJ Spiller will probably have more of a positive impact on this Buffalo Bills football team then any one of them,

maybe even all of them combined. :)

I agree - McKelvin, Wood, Spiller, and Maybin need to play good. I'd say so too do our draft picks this year. Maybe more important will be Troupe, and guys like Batten and Moats, who'll probably see a lot of playing time at the LB spots. One thing I really like about this team is that it is young. We have youth at most every position, and if we could get these guys clicking this year, then we've got, hopefully, three to five years ahead of us where the core of the team will be intact. The length of these young people's contracts is the most important reason, to me, for them to contribute immediately. In the case of Maybin, for instance - what if he doesn't start producing until year three or four. Really producing. Then he starts tearing it up in year four, say. In that situation we'd be paying him top dollar for a five year contract? and get two good years out of him, and then he'd be off to the highest bidder. We've seen that happen, we know it'll happen to any of our stars except maybe QB. So, with the way the NFL is now, our rookies have to contribute. And Nix knows that. He's mentioned it specifically, and I think he drafted this year with that in mind - that our rookies need to contribute. Lets hope they made the right decisions.

I agree - McKelvin, Wood, Spiller, and Maybin need to play good. I'd say so too do our draft picks this year. Maybe more important will be Troupe, and guys like Batten and Moats, who'll probably see a lot of playing time at the LB spots. One thing I really like about this team is that it is young. We have youth at most every position, and if we could get these guys clicking this year, then we've got, hopefully, three to five years ahead of us where the core of the team will be intact. The length of these young people's contracts is the most important reason, to me, for them to contribute immediately. In the case of Maybin, for instance - what if he doesn't start producing until year three or four. Really producing. Then he starts tearing it up in year four, say. In that situation we'd be paying him top dollar for a five year contract? and get two good years out of him, and then he'd be off to the highest bidder. We've seen that happen, we know it'll happen to any of our stars except maybe QB. So, with the way the NFL is now, our rookies have to contribute. And Nix knows that. He's mentioned it specifically, and I think he drafted this year with that in mind - that our rookies need to contribute. Lets hope they made the right decisions.

I think buddy was talking about high picks needing to contribute right away, not that it matters. The Bills were a bad team last year, for us to turn it around this year, we are going to need spiller and troup to have very good years, plus a couple surprizes from players like moats, batten, calloway, carrington etc. We need our last year guys to help even more...if wood, maybin and levitre don't impress, it'll probably be another long year. I have very high hopes for mckelvin, I think aside from giving up a few long plays here and there, he will be star this year, jumping routes and bye-bye. kick returning as well....

GO BILLS!