NFL.com's Lombardi ranks AFC teams.

The Bills won't get any respect until we prove that we're capable of competing with the good teams. It doesn't surprise me that we're ranked this low. The media is always a year late in their evaluations - the last few years they predicted the Bills as being potentially on the rise - and now, after our terrible performances last season, they say we're going to be what we were.

I say - we've added a better staff - with a much more professional, front-line way of thinking. We've added players. We've added a new scheme that should help our run defense. I don't see us as being worse. I see us as being better statistically, much better off mentally and constitutionally. Even if we finish 6-10, there is a 6-10 like our team played last year and a six and ten like a team on the rise; I think we'll be more of the latter. And, I hope we surprise some people with our record, too.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, this is more piss poor reporting IMO. The Bills are not going to the playoffs this year. But, if you read these articles, you would think the Bills are a 2-14 team. They finished 6-10 last year. They had 0 production from Lynch, an awful coaching situation, a rookie O-Line and a starting QB who was injured all season long. Yet, they won 6 games, beat the Jets and probably could have beat the Patriots in week 1. Easily could have been an 8-8 team. Who have they lost since last year? TO and Schobel. I don't think the loss of those two guys makes the Bills a 2-3 win team. Now, of course the AFC East has been greatly improved. And the Bills were left in the dust. But, I think people are underestimating the potential of this team. Gailey is going to get the most out of that offense. Spiller will add a new dynamic. The drop off from TO to Johnson/Hardy is going to be noticeable, but nothing too immense. Nelson is going to have more balls thrown his way, which opens up a whole new element to the passing game. The 3-4 is going to be a transition. But our depth at CB is going to make up the difference IMO and allow our linebackers to blitz more. On paper we might not have the personnel for the 3-4. But, the system definitely makes more sense for Maybin, Ellis and some other young guys on the roster. I think Troupe is going to show a lot of upside in year 1.

So, in short, I think its crazy that people are so ready to discount the Bills. I'm all for it though. I'd rather have everyone go into the season with 0 expectations and be impressed; instead of coming into the season with high expectations and be let down (like last year).

3 Breakout players next year?

-Maybin

-McKelvin

-Nelson. Watch.

Top rookie?

Easley.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I know others here share your mindset. However, to say the above is a little over the top. If you read the post of members here you can see there are plenty of doubters here with valid concerns to support their skepticism. I happen to be one of them.

Can someone explain to me how the F this guy could possibly think that Miami is a f'n Super Bowl Contender in the AFC!? wtf have they done this year that is different from their 7-9 season that was only 1 win more than the Bills. They freakin lost to us (the team supposedly worse than KC and Oakland) by 17 points last year when Fitz was QB lmfao so we know their D sucks balls :P ! Did i miss the fact that the speculation is that Chad Henne is the new Peyton Manning or something? All they got this offseason was Brandon Marshall who i will admit is a top receiver and improves their offence, however he is a total doooshbag and will screw up the locker room. Baltimore, NYJ, and the Titans (if they play like 08 and the second half of 09) are way closer too contending than the stupid Fish

Jeez i miss the NFL.COM of a couple of yrs ago when they didnt have idiots like Lombardi and La Confora writing articles that are retarted and make no actual sense :unsure: . Why did Adam Schefter have to go to ESPN that guy was solid in his football analysis.

So you can't put TOO much stock in what the talking heads say, especially when we've given them an easy reason to not like us.

What's the difference between what "the talking heads" say and what the eternally optimistic here say?