New band and new music from Robert Plant.

One of my all-time favorite performers is about to tour ahead of a September release of his latest CD.

In his advanced years, I expect the music to be on the mellow side, but I can't wait to see what Plant has to offer!

Band of Joy

Resurrecting the Band of Joy, Plant picked out top-notch roots musicians and session players for the group: multi-instrumentalist Darrell Scott, guitarist and co-producer Buddy Miller, drummer Marco Giovino and bassist Byron House. “I’m working with arch-bishops of good taste,” Plant said.

Band of Joy hits stores September 14th, but Plant and his Band of Joy will tour before that, hitting 12 Southern cities in July. “I’m happy to be in what seems to be a familiar condition,” he said. “I’m touring without a record. In this day and age, the Eagles can’t even do that.”

love Robert Plant....had tickets to see him play in

Saratoga in the 80's....show was cancelled to robert's

health.......man severly disappointed..

From the time I was 17 I saw Robert Plant whenever he was within 120 miles. I've seen him 5 times between Buffalo, Toronto, and Charlotte. One of the best concerts I've ever attended was @ Buffalo's Shea Stadium. Brother Cane was the opening act (1992'ish) those boys from Alabama rocked the joint and set the bar high! Robert Plant came out and delivered! It was the first solo tour that he was allowed to perform Zeppelin tunes and it was a night that I remember fondly to this day! Plant hit the high notes like he was 25.

Also saw him at Maple Leaf Gardens (approx. '87) when I was 17. Stevie Ray Vaughn was the opening act. What a show!