POTD - June 30

bartshan-83

YESTERDAY: July 28th

Congrats to Eryn who nailed the date and time of day. Although I have a sneaking suspicion he cheated...I just cant' prove it. B-):wallbash:

On to the next one...

Add the same letter to each of the letters in each group below and then rearrange them to form a common English word for each group. What is the letter and what are the four words?

1. H L I T S S

2. L E T E E

3. N E T C R U

4. H P N M

YESTERDAY: July 28th

Congrats to Eryn who nailed the date and time of day. Although I have a sneaking suspicion he cheated...I just cant' prove it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

On to the next one...

Add the same letter to each of the letters in each group below and then rearrange them to form a common English word for each group. What is the letter and what are the four words?

1. H L I T S S

2. L E T E E

3. N E T C R U

4. H P N M

The letter is Y.

1. Stylish

2. Eyelet

3. Century

4. Nymph

I focused on the fourth word because the puzzle form contained no vowels, so it had to be A, E, I, O, U, OR Y.

By the way, bart-shan, thanks for these daily puzzles. They're hard enough to be challenging, but simple enough to not be incredibly frustrating.

Do you use a web-site that posts these things, or do you write them yourself?

They come from one of those Daily desk calendars. I got this puzzle one as a stocking stuffer for Christmas last year and it's been great. I completely agree with your assessment...some are too easy and there are some kick my ass (especially some trivia-type ones) but for the most part they are a fun challenge.

Well done on today. I got the "Y" but I had no idea eyelet was a word so I couldn't finish it off. I guess you Cornell kids are smarter than us domers. :thumbsup: