Colts Game

Just a few observations as it has been a long night.

L Sape. Forcing a fumble. thanks buddy! I love you coming up big for me in Indy!!

O-Line- Not good. Mike Williams looked awful. I watched Teague get into a argument over an assignment with big Mike. This is going to sound dumb but I really just did not like the way Williams reacted. I look at some players and they have all the ability in the world but no heart. Mike Williams has no heart. He is not a winner. I am done with him. Moving him to guard will not help. frankly, I would bench him. I would bench him for several weeks. I would be all over him if I was Jim McNally. He would sit in my dog house until I saw some heart. He looked fat and slow. I would have Eric Moulds move in with him because Eric trained 7 hours a day instead of the 7 hours all offseason that Big Mike put in.

Lee Evans.- Wide open on the interception by Brown. The guy flies. He was 7 yards open if Brown hits him it is a easy TD.

Eric Moulds- Still one of the best.

Passing attack- Looked good when Drew had time.

Willis McGahee- The guy is no where near ready to be the starter of this team. Travis Henry is light years ahead of him right now. Time may change that fact but Travis is a much better back right now.

Starting Defense- Still concerned about the pass rush. All in all solid job.

Special Teams- Note to Bobby April- Update your resume because that was awful. The blocked punt no one picked the guy up. Nate Clemens returning punts is a bad idea. We cannot afford any other injuries and he is not Deon back there to make it worth wild. A kick off out of bounds. Not much right..

Mike Mularkey- Punting from the Colts 37. Mike watch the game film, watch Dungy go for it from the 41. Watch the Colts connect on a long strike. Come on. Oh and the Willis to Drew flee flicker... Jesus.. Half back toss.

Oh and i know. It was one preseason game. No biggie.

We are not billsfanone. However, we are still not a playoff team.

The QB situation does not look good. I would call a few teams that need a WR and offer Shaw for a decent third string QB. Not sure who yet.

This team has a great deal of skill. We lack ability in the trenches. From what I saw today. 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 is what we look like.

Just a few observations as it has been a long night.

L Sape. Forcing a fumble.  thanks buddy! I love you coming up big for me in Indy!!

O-Line- Not good.  Mike Williams looked awful.  I watched Teague get into a argument over an assignment with big Mike.  This is going to sound dumb but I really just did not like the way Williams reacted.  I look at some players and they have all the ability in the world but no heart. Mike Williams has no heart.  He is not a winner.  I am done with him. Moving him to guard will not help.  frankly, I would bench him.  I would bench him for several weeks.  I would be all over him if I was Jim McNally.  He would sit in my dog house until I saw some heart.  He looked fat and slow.  I would have Eric Moulds move in with him because Eric trained 7 hours a day instead of the 7 hours all offseason that Big Mike put in. 

Lee Evans.- Wide open on the interception by Brown.  The guy flies.  He was 7 yards open if Brown hits him it is a easy TD.

Eric Moulds- Still one of the best.

Passing attack- Looked good when Drew had time.

Willis McGahee- The guy is no where near ready to be the starter of this team.  Travis Henry is light years ahead of him right now. Time may change that fact but Travis is a much better back right now.

Starting Defense-  Still concerned about the pass rush.  All in all solid job.

Special Teams- Note to Bobby April-  Update your resume because that was awful.  The blocked punt no one picked the guy up.  Nate Clemens returning punts is a bad idea.  We cannot afford any other injuries and he is not Deon back there to make it worth wild.  A kick off out of bounds.  Not much right..

Mike Mularkey- Punting from the Colts 37.  Mike watch the game film, watch Dungy go for it from the 41.  Watch the Colts connect on a long strike.  Come on.  Oh and the Willis to Drew flee flicker... Jesus..  Half back toss. 

Oh and i know.  It was one preseason game.  No biggie. 

We are not billsfanone.  However, we are still not a playoff team.

The QB situation does not look good.  I would call a few teams that need a WR and offer Shaw for a decent third string QB.  Not sure who yet. 

This team has a great deal of skill.  We lack ability in the trenches.  From what I saw today.  7-9, 8-8, 9-7 is what we look like.

10630[/snapback]

thanks IndyJ.

I will watch tomorrow on NFL Network. I read somewhere tonight that Doss said we didn't have enough players in when he made the block. is this true?

thanks IndyJ.

I will watch tomorrow on NFL Network. I read somewhere tonight that Doss said we didn't have enough players in when he made the block. is this true?

10632[/snapback]

Not for sure but it makes sense. The guy was completely untouched. It is the one time I think I can say honestly that I could have blocked a punt in the NFL.

Nice report. :)

Mike Williams looked awful.  I watched Teague get into a argument over an assignment with big Mike.  This is going to sound dumb but I really just did not like the way Williams reacted.  I look at some players and they have all the ability in the world but no heart. Mike Williams has no heart.  He is not a winner.  I am done with him. Moving him to guard will not help.  frankly, I would bench him.  I would bench him for several weeks.  I would be all over him if I was Jim McNally.  He would sit in my dog house until I saw some heart.  He looked fat and slow.  I would have Eric Moulds move in with him because Eric trained 7 hours a day instead of the 7 hours all offseason that Big Mike put in.

10630[/snapback]

:)

Oh and i know.  It was one preseason game.  No biggie. 

We are not billsfanone.  However, we are still not a playoff team.

This team has a great deal of skill.  We lack ability in the trenches.  From what I saw today.  7-9, 8-8, 9-7 is what we look like.

Agreed. I've felt this way all year, especially with a rookie HC. 8-8 sounds right... but the team has to play with heart.

The QB situation does not look good.  I would call a few teams that need a WR and offer Shaw for a decent third string QB.  Not sure who yet. 

I don't wish injury on anyone, especially one of the Bills, but TB is no #2 QB.

It could be a major improvement if TD can pick up a real #2 QB like Shane Matthews, Charlie Batch, or even Rich Gannon cheap.... hold down the fort until JP comes back & is ready.