Saw John Leguizamo's comedy show "Klass Klown"

bartshan-83

Wife and I saw his show in Philly on Friday and it was a blast. I've always liked the guy okay, but his live performance is hilarious. It was a glorified stand-up routine...he basically did an account of his life from a little kid to present. But he had a projector showing slides and videos relating to his story and a few props as well.

His stories about his interactions with other actors were side-splitting. Steven Seagal, Patrick Swayze, Harrison Ford, Kurt Russell, De Niro, Pacino, Del Toro....I was crying. He nails their voices and mannerisms.

And the man can dance! He broke the story down by decade and started each segment getting down to James Brown and others. He even did some singing in Spanish (with English subtitles for us whiteys in the crowd).

Anyway, his show runs in Philly until Wednesday. Anyone in the area...I highly recommend it if you like him at all. The venue is real small (~300 seats) and it's definitely a cool place to see this type of show. No word on future dates/locations. I assume this tour is probably his warmup for a bigger show.

http://leguizamo.ning.com/events