make or break year

Just been thinking about what players are in a position to be make or break this year.

offense 1st

I thought last year it was Trent's but Gaily is willing to keep him and Fitz although the "open compition" at his position. So first on the list goes Trent and Fitz, not sure who makes the team so I won't say Bhrome or Levi at this point.

Would love to see Trent step up and break out.

WR Roscoe it is for him and I hope he makes it. Hardy and Johnson. M or B

Evans would love to see Lee step up and break out.

OL lots of ?s at this point so no make or breakers with Bell the burning ? at this point. I really hope they get Brown from NO. Green well really who knows at this point. The guards I like them and Ham well until we replace Wood with another good guard seems Ok (hoping Wood is better by the opener).

RB Lynch (if he ever comes into the fold) I think Freddy will be better this year but a lot depends on the blockers up front and I am hoping Chans game plans are as good as advertised. Make or breaks? not sure who to pick for this. Anyone know what the role for FB will be this year?

Spiller break out year, with Freddy 2, 1000 yard all purpose backs? If no ML for some reason I could see J Bell stepping in just fine.

TE A lot to like this year. I would love to see Nelson have the break out.

In all it depends on the damn line and and qb and we know that the oline is a gelling process as well so I am hoping we still can pick up a true LT soon. This offense could be good to great. I am thinking TE will be QB and has a good oppertunity to be good still but we will see.

The D

Line: like the NT position and think KW can be good in the middle, have to say though it is make or break in the new system for him. Troupe who knows but I like the pick.

Same for Stroud

Mc cargo is this his year? lol

I like Edwards but another ? I am not even sure who they will put on the field at this point so D line seems a lot like the o line at this point in my eyes.

The draft picks were good in my eyes but who knows if we get any starters out of the group, I hope so.

LBs I think there is a lot of hope here and wonder most about Arron at this point, will Maybin step up? good ? hope so. I wouldn't say was M or B he he doesn't though.

Think Poz could be the break out here.

DB Ok I am going to say it we have the best DBs in the league and the whole set of them will be Break out this year, one thing (and as far as I am concerned only thing) we can thank DJ for :thumbsup:

I wonder if Youboty makes the team and if he does will he pick up from where he was be4 the injury.

Overall the D can be top 10 this year but how will we stop the run and short passes, same as last year. I suspect even if there is a slow start for this group they will pull it together by the end of the season.

ST I love coach Bruce think it will be better than last year and could be a break out unit (top 5 again) this year. Will be interesting to see who is there from last year. Will Huggins make the team because of his ST skills?

Just been thinking about what players are in a position to be make or break this year.

offense 1st

I thought last year it was Trent's but Gaily is willing to keep him and Fitz although the "open compition" at his position. So first on the list goes Trent and Fitz, not sure who makes the team so I won't say Bhrome or Levi at this point.

Would love to see Trent step up and break out.

WR Roscoe it is for him and I hope he makes it. Hardy and Johnson. M or B

Evans would love to see Lee step up and break out.

OL lots of ?s at this point so no make or breakers with Bell the burning ? at this point. I really hope they get Brown from NO. Green well really who knows at this point. The guards I like them and Ham well until we replace Wood with another good guard seems Ok (hoping Wood is better by the opener).

RB Lynch (if he ever comes into the fold) I think Freddy will be better this year but a lot depends on the blockers up front and I am hoping Chans game plans are as good as advertised. Make or breaks? not sure who to pick for this. Anyone know what the role for FB will be this year?

Spiller break out year, with Freddy 2, 1000 yard all purpose backs? If no ML for some reason I could see J Bell stepping in just fine.

TE A lot to like this year. I would love to see Nelson have the break out.

In all it depends on the damn line and and qb and we know that the oline is a gelling process as well so I am hoping we still can pick up a true LT soon. This offense could be good to great. I am thinking TE will be QB and has a good oppertunity to be good still but we will see.

The D

Line: like the NT position and think KW can be good in the middle, have to say though it is make or break in the new system for him. Troupe who knows but I like the pick.

Same for Stroud

Mc cargo is this his year? lol

I like Edwards but another ? I am not even sure who they will put on the field at this point so D line seems a lot like the o line at this point in my eyes.

The draft picks were good in my eyes but who knows if we get any starters out of the group, I hope so.

LBs I think there is a lot of hope here and wonder most about Arron at this point, will Maybin step up? good ? hope so. I wouldn't say was M or B he he doesn't though.

Think Poz could be the break out here.

DB Ok I am going to say it we have the best DBs in the league and the whole set of them will be Break out this year, one thing (and as far as I am concerned only thing) we can thank DJ for :wallbash:

I wonder if Youboty makes the team and if he does will he pick up from where he was be4 the injury.

Overall the D can be top 10 this year but how will we stop the run and short passes, same as last year. I suspect even if there is a slow start for this group they will pull it together by the end of the season.

ST I love coach Bruce think it will be better than last year and could be a break out unit (top 5 again) this year. Will be interesting to see who is there from last year. Will Huggins make the team because of his ST skills?

Good post. IMO, this team has too many holes, too many question marks and what ifs, and too many changes ie coaches/schemes/players.. This all ends up to another losing season and want for next year mentality.

I think Cris Ellis will be improved. I noticed from seeing him in person that he has gained weight and strength. I wont go so far as to say he makes the team or makes a difference.

Oh, and Felton Huggins makes the team.

If make or break means vets that either step up now or they could be gone, either before or just after this season, then

I'd say:

(Traditional: Guys who haven't stepped up yet and need to in order to stay)

Hardy

McCargo

Ellis

Maybin

(These guys have had some production but need to take it to another level or could be gone)

Trent

Fitz

Marshawn

Mitchell

Ellison

Kelsay

Youboty

Mitchell and Kelsay because of the switch; Marshawn, less about his production and more about his attitude. Youboty

mostly because of the injury history.

Not saying others aren't on the hot seat, but these are the guys that I would say are in a true

make or break season (at least as far as their career with the Bills is concerned).

Oh, and Felton Huggins makes the team.

I'm a bit surprised by your certainty.

Marcus Easley will obviously be on the team this year, partly because he was an outstanding special teams player in college. He's also much larger than Huggins.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you so certain about Huggins?

Maybe I overstated. I really thought he deserved to make the team the last couple years. He runs good routes, is fast, doesnt drop much, and is six two.

Easley has dropped weight since college, possibly to be an agile receiver at the expense of special teams?

I think Stroud will be a good end.

If make or break means vets that either step up now or they could be gone, either before or just after this season, then

I'd say:

Yup that's what I meant

(Traditional: Guys who haven't stepped up yet and need to in order to stay)

Hardy

McCargo

Ellis

Maybin

I wonder if Hardy and Maybin would be gone that quickly, esply Maybin since he was a 3 year college player. I think they might draft or go FA to replace him 1st considering his age and the depth on this team at the moment. Hardy becuase of his size and the fact that is what they say they like and the fact he missed time with the injury. A little surprised you don't have Stevie J on your list

(These guys have had some production but need to take it to another level or could be gone)

Trent

Fitz

Marshawn

Mitchell

Ellison

Kelsay

Youboty

pretty much agree with what is below, I hope Youboty is good and healthy this year. He looked great right before his last injury

Mitchell and Kelsay because of the switch; Marshawn, less about his production and more about his attitude. Youboty

mostly because of the injury history.

Not saying others aren't on the hot seat, but these are the guys that I would say are in a true

make or break season (at least as far as their career with the Bills is concerned).

I also want the LS out of a valuable roster spot It drives me nuts another player can't do this. Also if Huggins can step up as a reciever. I would like him better but we never get a chance to see him so who knows, he looks ok in camp and preseason but with DJ as coach, he may be great and we wouldn't know because he rode the pine and wasn't a high draft pick

People forget Ashton was probably our best defender for the brief period in 2008 prior to the foot injury. He's a much better tackler than Corner or Florence and seems versatile enough to play safety.

He could definitely have a break out season in a more aggressive defense that uses him off of the corner.