OL - Zone Blocking

Amstel

I dont know about you guys.....but does this seem like a much more Fred Jackson/CJ Spiller type scheme and "not so much" Marshawn Lynch?

I dont know if Lynch knows HOW to make one move and excellerate to full speed......

Take a look at Terrell Davis running behind that scheme. What's the best thing that he had? Field of vision. Terrell Davis could see the field better than most of the league. His 40-yard time wasn't that fast, but it didn't matter - he had great vision and lateral movement, so he could make a cut and burst through a hole. Once he did that, he had blocking in the 2nd level from the zone scheme, so the slower top-end speed didn't matter as much.

I think Spiller has the best field of vision in this draft, and he's obviously fast and athletic. I think given the opportunity to see the field and make cuts to react to it, he's going to be extremely successful. I, too, see Freddy as much better at this than Marshawn.

I feel like eventually this year, Marshawn is just going to be relegated to the short yardage back. And let's face it, sticking his head down and driving his legs is the thing he's best at. He was always exciting dragging defenders, but he never really made long plays.

Take a look at Terrell Davis running behind that scheme. What's the best thing that he had? Field of vision. Terrell Davis could see the field better than most of the league. His 40-yard time wasn't that fast, but it didn't matter - he had great vision and lateral movement, so he could make a cut and burst through a hole. Once he did that, he had blocking in the 2nd level from the zone scheme, so the slower top-end speed didn't matter as much.

I think Spiller has the best field of vision in this draft, and he's obviously fast and athletic. I think given the opportunity to see the field and make cuts to react to it, he's going to be extremely successful. I, too, see Freddy as much better at this than Marshawn.

I feel like eventually this year, Marshawn is just going to be relegated to the short yardage back. And let's face it, sticking his head down and driving his legs is the thing he's best at. He was always exciting dragging defenders, but he never really made long plays.

Lynch is too dumb to be able to execute a zone blocking scheme

he couldn't remember where to run straight ahead, let alone having to pick a hole depending on the double teams play out differently on each play.