we don't need the franchise QB in this draft

Drew026

No need in rushing, and making the franchise back even further by taking the top QB according to all the experts. I think this is an awful QB class, and regardless of what we do the rest of this draft, I see us picking in the top 15 again next year. This team can't get to the playoffs in one draft, and we should only take pieces that are going to be contributors right away, and not "well this guy might be good" prospects, especially at QB. Wait for Gabbert, Mallet, and Locker next year, IMO.

I agree. Since we're rebuilding from scratch, it makes sense to pick the best players available in the draft. Thats why I love the Spiller pick. Build strong, build right.

IF anything if Marshawn lynch has a good season, we can trade him next year and jockey up the draft to get franchise QB.

No need in rushing, and making the franchise back even further by taking the top QB according to all the experts. I think this is an awful QB class, and regardless of what we do the rest of this draft, I see us picking in the top 15 again next year. This team can't get to the playoffs in one draft, and we should only take pieces that are going to be contributors right away, and not "well this guy might be good" prospects, especially at QB. Wait for Gabbert, Mallet, and Locker next year, IMO.

agree on everything - next's year's qb class is much better imo - now we need to build the lines with the next four picks

You may think this is an awful QB class, but before the year began, it was supposed to be a terrific class, much like next year's. No way to know whether any of next year's prospects will be any good this year at all. Look at Jevan Snead, who was supposed to be a top ten guy this year.

There's no such things as a QB who is NOT a "well this guy might be good" prospect. That's what they all are. It would be nice if there were sure things, but there aren't. The exact same will be true of next year's QBs. Half or more of the first-rounders next year will bust, just because that's the way it happens.

Now, let's say you're right about next year and we go top 15. Let's say we get 13, just for argument's sake, and all three of the big QBs have a terrific year. They would be likely to go in the top four or so if they have great years. Trading up from 13 to five would require a Herschel Walker type deal.

There's an old saying about bird in the hand and in the bush.

If you get a shot at Clausen or McCoy and Nix thinks either guy might be a franchise QB, then you take them instantly and you don't look back. That's what the decision comes down to. It has nothing to do with next year. It's whether you believe the guy can be a franchise QB or not. And nothing else.