Dear God Another Vick Rumor Has Him Possibly Coming To Buffalo

The other day, my girlfriend and I were driving in western Pennsylvania and got stuck behind this Amish buggy and the horse must have Mike Vicked seven times in five minutes, it was one big blob of Mike Vick after another falling out that horse's ass.

:unsure::lol: :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes he does exist, available, well he was, mcnabb has been a consistent winner, so has manning, brady, rivers (so far), favre, all consistent winners, yr in and yr out. At the very least they have been able to posts back to back winning seasons, hell even eli, flacco, ryan, culpepper, hasselback, rapelisburger, palmer, pennington have been able to do that much, yet the human highlight reel known as Mike Vick was NEVER able to do it.

point is vick is now on the typical downside of his career, and has never had the sustained success of any of the players listed above, so why bring him in?

My position is that we should DRAFT a franchise QB, this yr, that guy is clausen.

McNabb was never coming. I would've taken McNabb, but at the right price. We've seen the best of McNabb.

Manning, Brady, Rivers, etc........not exactly a news bulletin. My question of "who is this guy and does he exist" was more rhetorical than anything else. Fact is, you may THINK Clausen is the answer, but you just don't know.

My fear is he's not. That would put us in a bad place should he turn out to be anything but great.

Does one need a great QB to win? It would help certainly, but getting great QB play from a less than great QB is attainable if the right coach with the right scheme is in place.

Montana and Brees come to mind when I think of right player in right place with right coach/system. Please, they are terriffic QB's in their own right, but man, I can't help but think they'd be less successful had they not landed where they did and with whom they were coached by.

Give it up already...

I am sure you have NEVER made a mistake in your life.

I am also sure that you have no idea what its like to grow up in the slums where dog-fighting is part of their culture.

He has apologized and has paid his debt to society. If Ray Lewis and Donte Stallworth are worthy of second chances, then by all means, so is Mike Vick. Bottom line is, he is a football player, who fits our offense perfectly...and he is better than the options we have on the depth chart right now...by a long shot!

You people frown upon Mike Vick...yet you are still fans of O.J. Simpson?! :D

Typical Western New Yorkers! :unsure:

There's a difference between making a simple mistake in everyday life and brutally massacring numerous dogs over the course of a few years. I don't wanna hear "oh look at the culture and environment he grew up in" because you're simply just making excuses for him and trying to somehow justify what he did. If he had never been caught, he would still be doing the same damn thing today. I also don't buy the "he paid his debt" argument. IMO, he should still be in jail. I don't condone the actions of Lewis and Stallworth, either.

He is a football player? Really? I thought he played hockey. Who isn't better than the QBs we have now? I want someone who is better than them AND Mike Vick. He was a fun player to watch for those few years, but that Mike Vick is long gone. The Buffalo Bills do not need another "damaged goods" type player. And a POS to boot? No thanks.

Besides a certain poster who makes personal attacks left and right to defend his criminal idol, posts like this are proof of what kind of people defend that scumbag....dishonest.

Mistake? 6 years of vicious crimes is not a mistake...it's a sign of a sociopath

Culture? any culture that supports crime has severe issues....but can't be used as an excuse. There are some inner city neighborhoods around the country where the way to deal with arguments is to kill the person you're arguing with...wanna defend that, too? :unsure:

Apologized as part of a prepared statement he didn't write...when he talks without prompting, he claims he was the victim...not the dogs he tortured and slaughtered, not the children whose pets he stole to kill, but himself. "It's unfortunate this happened to me" is a sentence he's said multiple times when the only thing that happened to him was he got caught committing vicious crimes.

Fits our offense? Gailey has said repeatedly he doesn't come in with a set offensive style...he molds the offense around our players...but don't confuse yourself with the facts.

fans of OJ Simpson? I can't believe anyone is really stupid enough to think that WNYers are still fans of the guy...but then again, defending Vick doesn't require much upstairs, either.

Bottom line....anyone convicted of a felony has no place in the NFL making millions playing a game and anyone defending convicted felons' privilege to do so has issues to say the least.

+1