Bills Playoff Update

Mikie2times

I'm certainly not predicting we make the playoffs, all I'm doing is giving the update for the two wild card spots. So here it goes for all you dreamers :doh:

Wild Card #1- New York Jets (8-3)

Remaining Schedule: Houston, @ Pittsburgh, Seattle, New England, @ St. Louis

Wild Card #2- Denver (7-3)

Remaining Schedule: Oakland, @ San Diego, Miami, @ Kansas City, @ Tennessee, Indianapolis

Playoff Contenders

1. Baltimore (7-4)

Remaining Schedule: Cincinnati, NY Giants, @ Indianapolis, @ Pittsburgh, Miami

2. Jacksonville (6-5)

Remaining Schdule: Pittsburgh, Chicago, @ Green Bay, Houston, @ Oakland

3. Houston (5-6)

Remaining Schedule: @ Jets, Indianapolis, @ Chicago, @ Jacksonville, Cleveland

4. Buffalo (5-6)

Remaining Schedule: @ Miami, Cleveland, @ Cincinnati, @ San Fransisco, Pittsburgh

I left out Cincinnati at 5-6 because in order for Buffalo to have a chance they need to run the table. By playing Cincinnati and winning they would hold that tie breaker. I left out tie breakers because we lose them all and in order for us to get in we need to be 10-6 with 4/5 of the listed teams being no better then 9-7.

My analysis

New York Jets- Huge game next week against Houston, if they lose that game 9-7 becomes a very probable record for them. They have a very difficult schedule and IMO they finish 9-7

Denver- A loss tonight against Oakland makes 9-7 a very good possibility for this team as well. Again refer to their schedule. A win tonight and they probably finish 10-6.

Baltimore- Has to lose one out of these three games, Cincinnati, Giants, or Miami. If they lose one of these they have to beat either the Colts or Pittsburgh at their place. I also think they finish 9-7.

Jacksonville- Having to win 4/5 with that schedule won't happen. Jacksonville finishes 9-7 at the very best.

Lets face it guys and gals in order to have a chance we need to win out. Out of all the scenarios listed I still believe that will be the most difficult thing to accomplish. Either way I really believe a 9-7 team makes the playoffs this year in the AFC, so if we win out we have more then a legitimate chance at making it.

Homer away I go!!

I'm certainly not predicting we make the playoffs, all I'm doing is giving the update for the two wild card spots. So here it goes for all you dreamers  :doh: 

Remaining Schedule: Houston, @ Pittsburgh, Seattle,  New England, @ St. Louis

Remaining Schedule:  Oakland, @ San Diego, Miami, @ Kansas City, @ Tennessee, Indianapolis

Playoff Contenders

1. Baltimore (7-4)

2. Jacksonville (6-5)

3. Houston (5-6)

4. Buffalo (5-6)

Remaining Schedule: @ Miami, Cleveland, @ Cincinnati, @ San Fransisco, Pittsburgh

I left out Cincinnati at 5-6 because in order for Buffalo to have a chance they need to run the table. By playing Cincinnati and winning they would hold that tie breaker. I left out tie breakers because we lose them all and in order for us to get in we need to be 10-6 with 4/5 of the listed teams being no better then 9-7.

My analysis

New York Jets- Huge game next week against Houston, if they lose that game 9-7 becomes a very probable record for them.  They have a very difficult schedule and IMO they finish 9-7

Denver- A loss tonight against Oakland makes 9-7 a very good possibility for this team as well.  Again refer to their schedule. A win tonight and they probably finish 10-6.

Baltimore- Has to lose one out of these three games, Cincinnati, Giants, or Miami. If they lose one of these they have to beat either the Colts or Pittsburgh at their place.  I also think they finish 9-7.

Jacksonville- Having to win 4/5 with that schedule won't happen. Jacksonville finishes  9-7 at the very best.

Lets face it guys and gals in order to have a chance we need to win out. Out of all the scenarios listed I still believe that will be the most difficult thing to accomplish. Either way I really believe a 9-7 team makes the playoffs this year in the AFC, so if we win out  we have more then a legitimate chance at making it.

Homer away I go!!

136620[/snapback]

I admire your optimism. I think it's about 30-70 that winning out gets us in. You're right in your analysis of NYJ, BAL, and JAX. Poblem is that they all have to be right, and we have to win out. If we're playing for something against PIT, I'll be happy. Let's hope it's so.

I'm certainly not predicting we make the playoffs, all I'm doing is giving the update for the two wild card spots. So here it goes for all you dreamers  :doh: 

Remaining Schedule:  Oakland, @ San Diego, Miami, @ Kansas City, @ Tennessee, Indianapolis

Playoff Contenders

1. Baltimore (7-4)

2. Jacksonville (6-5)

3. Houston (5-6)

4. Buffalo (5-6)

Aint gonna happen. And the person who hurts most is the guy who is the KEY to our future, JP Losman!

My analysis

New York Jets- Huge game next week against Houston, if they lose that game 9-7 becomes a very probable record for them.  They have a very difficult schedule and IMO they finish 9-7

Denver- A loss tonight against Oakland makes 9-7 a very good possibility for this team as well.  Again refer to their schedule. A win tonight and they probably finish 10-6.

Baltimore- Has to lose one out of these three games, Cincinnati, Giants, or Miami. If they lose one of these they have to beat either the Colts or Pittsburgh at their place.  I also think they finish 9-7.

Jacksonville- Having to win 4/5 with that schedule won't happen. Jacksonville finishes  9-7 at the very best.

Lets face it guys and gals in order to have a chance we need to win out. Out of all the scenarios listed I still believe that will be the most difficult thing to accomplish. Either way I really believe a 9-7 team makes the playoffs this year in the AFC, so if we win out  we have more then a legitimate chance at making it.

Homer away I go!!

136620[/snapback]

Playoff Contenders

1. Baltimore (7-4)

2. Jacksonville (6-5)

3. Houston (5-6)

4. Buffalo (5-6)

My analysis

Homer away I go!!

136620[/snapback]

Just for the record, I posted this on Friday. The teams ahead of us ALL have nightmare schedules, while ours blows. If we keep winning, it will be worth keeping an eye on, however the San Diego game killed bringing them back to the pack today!