All the Tyler Myer ROY talk

WWVaBeach

Some of you may find this easy. I have been a Sabres fan since year one and had to look this up (I cheated). Without looking it up can you name all the players who have won rookie of the year as a Buffalo Sabre? One of them is easy IMO.

Gil...Tom B...ummm....Brian Holzinger hehehehheeh kidding.......damn....I can't think of anymore great rookies...Tyler Myers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin and Gare were great rookies....So was Schony. I just am not sure if they won ROY............I'm quite sure Gil did and I think Barasso might have actually won the Vezina, too as a rookie?

There were only 2. Gil was the easy one. For me I totally had forgotten about the 2nd one but you guys didn't. After this year there will be 3!

Yeah, like I said, those two are the only ones I would put money on............Although the other ones I mentioned were great at rookies, I couldn't remember them winning ROY......Looking it up now, Martin scored 44 goals, which would certainly get your the trophy most years, but Ken Dryden was considered a rookie (even though he had won the Cup the year before).....Another tough one is Gare scoring 33 goals, but being the same year as Denis Potvin. Hard to argue with that choice, either.

So, that's 2 in 39 years and the Braves won something like 4 or 5 during their 8 or 9 year existence.

Yeah, like I said, those two are the only ones I would put money on............Although the other ones I mentioned were great at rookies, I couldn't remember them winning ROY......Looking it up now, Martin scored 44 goals, which would certainly get your the trophy most years, but Ken Dryden was considered a rookie (even though he had won the Cup the year before).....Another tough one is Gare scoring 33 goals, but being the same year as Denis Potvin. Hard to argue with that choice, either.

So, that's 2 in 39 years and the Braves won something like 4 or 5 during their 8 or 9 year existence.

According to this there were only three not counting the guy from the SD :wallbash: Clippers.

According to this there were only three not counting the guy from the SD :wallbash: Clippers.

So, I exaggerated a little. Remember, I wasn't using anything but my memory - 3 in 5 years is pretty impressive, and after 35 years it morphed into 4 in my mind!

So, I exaggerated a little. Remember, I wasn't using anything but my memory - 3 in 5 years is pretty impressive, and after 35 years it morphed into 4 in my mind!

OK OK here ya go... <_<

:wallbash: