Flaws and next steps

WOW! I really had to say it was a stretch thinking the Bills could come to the west coast and dominate a game like this. Sad to think what might have been with a couple different game ending sequences earlier in the year. But the truth is the Bills simply aren't quite ready for prime time.

Their D is, their special teams are, but the coaching and the running game and the O line have taken time to come around from the paralysis they seemed to be in.

Other than the obvious, i.e., Drew, what other flaws must the Bills address to take it to the next level next season?

I don't feel our defensive coaching effort is ready to take us to the next level. Jerry Gray is clearly an inferior coach to his nemesis, Charlie Weis. Notice how much better Pittsburgh's defense got once LeBeau was on board.

Drew has been quietly solid for us 2/3 of the time, and 1/3 of the time he's played poorly. The Baltimore game was bad, but his performace today was good. Could Losman be a better choice next year? Maybe, but he's untested.

We have to deal with the salary cap situation next year. Eric Moulds' $8 million cap figure is an obvious candidate for adjustment. If we cut him, we'll have to use another draft pick on a WR.

We have to deal with the salary cap situation next year. Eric Moulds' $8 million cap figure is an obvious candidate for adjustment. If we cut him, we'll have to use another draft pick on a WR.

136999[/snapback]

I say this with absolutely nothing more than an amature knowledge of the salary cap:

No way Moulds is cut. He will restructure or they will keep him where he is at. From the little I know, the Bills have enough cap left to sign rookies next year and resign either JJ or P-Diddy.

Also I read somewhere that the new Television deal will raise the cap by a larger amount than previously expected...giving the Bills even more room to keep E happy.

I don't feel our defensive coaching effort is ready to take us to the next level. Jerry Gray is clearly an inferior coach to his nemesis, Charlie Weis. Notice how much better Pittsburgh's defense got once LeBeau was on board.

Drew has been quietly solid for us 2/3 of the time, and 1/3 of the time he's played poorly. The Baltimore game was bad, but his performace today was good. Could Losman be a better choice next year? Maybe, but he's untested.

136999[/snapback]

Are you high? the defense is without doubt one of the best in the league. Jerry Gray is proving that he is a great coach as his halftime adjustments have made the Bills an awesome second half team

I agree that the 8million for Moulds is high but they will renegotiate that as he is a team player. but they should restructure Drew's contract to be more cap friendly.