Props to the Wildcats!

PromoTheRobot

University of New Hampshire is known for it's nationally-ranked hockey team. Otherwise, they compete at the 1-AA level in other sports like football and basketball. Frankly they usually stink at these.

But this year a fourth-string freshman QB named Ricky Santos has led UNH to the #7 ranking in 1-AA football, and a #5 seed in the playoffs.

They draw Georgia Southern in Statesville, GA. For those who don't know, GA Southern is a powerhouse in 1-AA, winning the national title six times. After trailing 14-0, they storm back and win it 27-22!

Congrats to my home state Wildcats for beating a football factory in their house! Keep an eye on this kid Santos too. He may well be the first UNH QB to be drafted in the NFL.

PTR

Yay Wildcats!

I've been following them ever since a couple of local kids went to school up there. (I've still got a stack of newspapers around here somewhere from Jim Stayer's senior season...)

I listened to the game on the radio, and they won in the slop. Remember early on in the year when the Tribe beat them in the mud up at UNH 9-7. Little did anyone know that would be for the A-10 title. By the way, Ga. Southern got the 5th seed, not UNH (hence UNH playing in Statesboro this weekend). Nonetheless, I think UNH beats Montana next week. Wish the Tribe luck with Delaware and attempting to avenge its only 1-AA loss of the year.