Run D

I can't remember whether it was one or two years ago that RW famously asked DJ, Modrak, Brandon, et al at the owners meetings if they would finally be able to stop the run. Obviously they couldn't the past two years. Is this FO configuration finally getting serious about stopping the run? Assuming the Edwards signing is true, with the addition of Davis, and the plethora of SS are they going to be able to do it? Obviously an NT would help out a lot, but I think K Williams can hold down that job as long as we can get another NT prospect/player to play part time at least at first.

So are they going to be able to do it this year and will it be the key to at least finishing in the top half of the league in defense this year?

I say yes...not too many 3-4's are bad against the run...I do think we need a 350 pounder in the middle though...I love Williams, but I'd rather see a Ted Washington for 1st and 2nd down for the run stuffing we need...I beleive we draft one of the three big NT's in the draft and we are possibly a top ten run defense next season...possibly meaning if Maybin can realize where he is on the field at OLB

Not with Kyle Williams at NT... If the Bills were smart they would take advantage of his ProBowl alternate spot and trade him to an NFC 4-3 team. He may be a very very good passing down NT but there is no way he can hold the point of attack against the run. They should have signed Jamal Williams to play first down. If they could get a low 2nd round pick or high third round pick for Williams they should do it. He is a very good player but I fear he just doesn't fit the system.

Not with Kyle Williams at NT... If the Bills were smart they would take advantage of his ProBowl alternate spot and trade him to an NFC 4-3 team. He may be a very very good passing down NT but there is no way he can hold the point of attack against the run. They should have signed Jamal Williams to play first down. If they could get a low 2nd round pick or high third round pick for Williams they should do it. He is a very good player but I fear he just doesn't fit the system.

I think you're right and wrong on that one. I agree that we need a big NT in the middle for obvious running downs, but I think Williams would be an unbelievable asset on passing downs from the NT position (or as a DT out of the 4-2 nickel alignment). He's worth more to us on passing downs than anything we could get om the late 2nd early 3rd round of the draft.