Panthers cut;

Maake Kemoeatu | #99 | DT

Carolina Panthers | Official Team Site

Height: 6-5 Weight: 345 Age: 31

Born: 1/10/1979 Tonga

College: Utah

Experience: 9th season

High School: Kahuku HS [HI]

I think the Panthers play a 4-3 but the dudes got the size for a NT.

Panthers cut;

Maake Kemoeatu | #99 | DT

Carolina Panthers | Official Team Site

Height: 6-5 Weight: 345 Age: 31

Born: 1/10/1979 Tonga

College: Utah

Experience: 9th season

High School: Kahuku HS [HI]

I think the Panthers play a 4-3 but the dudes got the size for a NT.

I believe he is coming off a ruptured achilles tendon injury.

He is but he's expected to be ready by camp, IIRC. Achilles tears affect speed and for a NT speed isn't all that important, JMO

Uh you push off with your feet. The guy weighs 345 and will have other 300lb guys on him, that thing can pop again easilly.

Uh you push off with your feet. The guy weighs 345 and will have other 300lb guys on him, that thing can pop again easilly.

Didn't Ted Washington fracture his leg and rip apart his ligament while playing in Chicago? I think that was around 2002 and he came back from that fine. Went on to play until 2007.

You're right it was a rupture and not a tear but I still don't think speed for a NT is all that important.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/05/371...o-cut-list.html

CHARLOTTE -- After deciding to cut quarterback Jake Delhomme and defensive tackle Damione Lewis earlier Thursday, the Panthers also said farewell to defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu in the evening.

Kemoeatu's agent, Ken Vierra, said early today that he was informed around 8 p.m. Thursday that the team had decided to release Kemoeatu, primarily for financial reasons.

Vierra said Kemoeatu was scheduled to receive a roster bonus of around $1.7 million March 15 and would have earned a base salary of $2.6 million in 2010.

Kemoeatu has been rehabilitating his torn Achilles tendon, which was surgically repaired last summer and needed followup surgeries to address complications that arose after the original operation.

Vierra said Kemoeatu would continue to rehabilitate in Charlotte as he looks to continue his NFL career elsewhere. Vierra said he expected Kemoeatu to be ready for training camp next summer.