Top 5 Rock Guitar Solos Of All Time

truth on hold

here's some super fine solo'ing in a jazz-rock-blues fusion setting. bill connor with return to forever. this is the guy al dimeola replaced. clarke made it clear he liked connor more. i tend to agree. doesn't sound like this guy fell into patterns. never really knew what he would do next. and it was always pretty neat. enjoy!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's some super fine solo'ing in a jazz-rock-blues fusion setting. bill connor with return to forever. this is the guy al dimeola replaced. clarke made it clear he liked connor more. i tend to agree. doesn't sound like this guy fell into patterns. never really knew what he would do next. and it was always pretty neat. enjoy!

Connors has chops, to be sure, but I really didn't like the way he sounded in that song. There are some players who I respect, but also have no real feel for. He seems to be one of those guys. I can't say for sure as I have only heard a little of his playing over the years. DiMeola brings more soul to his playing, IMO, and a warmer tone.

Connors has chops, to be sure, but I really didn't like the way he sounded in that song. There are some players who I respect, but also have no real feel for. He seems to be one of those guys. I can't say for sure as I have only heard a little of his playing over the years. DiMeola brings more soul to his playing, IMO, and a warmer tone.

Don't know Dean if I could ever agree with that one. imo Di Meola is a very COLD player.