EXCELLENT idea for the Bills...

...and then start all over again cause you still haven't addressed the most important position on the field, QB.

That's why you build the lines and everything else this year...see what Edwards or Brohm can do with a new staff and some new pieces around them, for a year...if nothing, go for Mallett next year, or Locker...or a Free Agent. A new QB won't be able to do ANYTHING with no WR's, OT's, running game, stout defense...I don't care who we get. If Losman got as much time as he did, Edwards deserves a chance with this "new" team. We need to build the team and then find a QB who can succeed here and use his weapons.

Very nice evaluation of the current rebuilding situation with the Bills. Its not an over night project and will really take all the talents of Nix and Gailey's crew to get things pointed in the right direction, but some pieces of the puzzle exist already. One of the keys to this that we are already aware of is draft strategy and talent utilization. I am reserving judgment on whether they can get this thing together until mid season 2010. I'm not looking for anything but improvement and consistency in 2010.

And yes, Edwards and the current line-up at QB does suck rotten eggs, but I am on board with the current direction. Hope they bring in some competition..

Thank you...I think we ARE headed in the right direction...but I think a 1st round #9 pick QB will waste an opportunity to gain more draft picks, and/or get a stud OT or DE/DT/LB.

Not to nitpick, but didn't his two int's come while playing FS?

Yes, they did...but I think he could make a nice CB as well. But, having him as a backup FS to Byrd is nice insurance.

Guest dog14787
How would anyone know if all 3 qbs suck? Brohm's barely seen the field, Edwards and Fitz hardly had time to take the snap before getting trampled by the opposing D. Maybe we should worry about protecting the QB before we waste a good pick on some one to play tackling dummy.

Makes sense to me rob :doh:

I hope we don't rebuild like these teams. They're both perennial 8-8 teams.

Your plan sounds good. But if we could somehow get our hands on a decent QB, we could make a run this year.

But they are improving every year...

49ers - Manny Lawson, Parys Haralson, Vernon Davis, Ahmad Brooks, Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Ray McDonald, Tarell Brown, Reggie Smith, Chilo Rachal, Josh Morgan, Kentwan Balmer, Ricky Jean-Francois, Glen Coffee and Michael Crabtree.

Texans - Eric Winston, Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Bernard Pollard, Kasey Studdard, Amobi Okoye, Fred Bennett, Frank Okam, Duane Brown, Xavier Adibi, Glover Quin, Brian Cushing, James Casey, Antoine Caldwell and Connor Barwin.

I'd say in the last 4 years, those 2 teams have had VERY solid drafts...SF picking up Brooks and HOU picking up Pollard.

(I know I missed a few key guys too...Michael Robinson and Nate Davis for 49ers...Jacoby Jones and Chris Henry for Texans)

I ended the article right there. The three combined can't make one quality starter.

I also agrre that the 3 QB's we have should not get a start next year for us. We should be looking into the draft to build our next franchise QB. I'm not as versed in the Qb's avainlible to us this year but i can tell you that new blood is what we need.