One fans thoughts

thewildrabbit

I've read somewhere that the the Chan Gailey hire is "underwhelming", does that mean he is the offensive version of Dick Jauron and the Bills will go 9-7 or less in 2010?

Now I like the hiring of Buddy Nix, I'm just not yet sold on the head coach! A guy that was fired at KC by rookie HC Todd Haley before their season even started in 09. Then reading and hearing that the Bills could have hired him as OC and he would be grateful to have that job. Instead Nix hires him to run the entire show, seems like a fay cry from the 10+ million dollar man the Bills front office was spewing about after firing Jauron.

So at first I hear good things like a power running attack and stout defense, which I envision rebuilding the O line and the Bills have a ground game like this years Ravens / Jets.

Now I'm hearing about a "pistol" offense and the move to the 3-4...didn't the last idiot head coach try and run scheme's without the proper players? The "no huddle" and "tampa two" were both far removed from the original "K-gun" and the Warren Sapp Buc's defense.

Currently there is talk of bringing in a veteran QB to run the "pistol". From looking at the list of free agent QB's...Scout.com listing=#1 RFA-Jason Campbell---#2 RFA Kyle Orton---#3 UFA Chad Pennington---#4 RFA Matt Moore--- #5 UFA JP Losman. http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...c=16&pid=10

I see no Trent Green or Curt Warner types on that list, frankly I wouldn't care to see any of those players in Buffalo.

So, now there is talk of a trade to bring in Donavon McNabb, the guy who seems to be somewhat injury prone the last few years. The same guy who gets hit a few times in a game starts throwing errant passes all over, don't the Bills already have several of those QB's? Besides the fact that the Bills would need to trade valuable draft picks away for a guy who might already be over the hill.

I'm not so certain that many fans will be renewing season tickets for 2010, and I don't blame them at all with the current state of the economy. The Bills opted out of hiring a "spashy", 10 million dollar named head coach for a guy who was lucky to get a another job in the NFL, even as a QB coach.

Will Bills fans be bull sh!tted again this year with bringing in McNabb the way they were last year with the TO singing? If they make that move all I see is utter failure. Simply because the Bills don't have an O line even close to the one Philly had last year.

I guess we will need to wait to see who the Bills draft with that #9 pick. Logic dictates taking an O lineman, a left tackle.

Should the Bills conclude that the current Bills QB's are lacking they could always draft Jimmy Clausen / Tim Tebow, a "splashy" rookie QB might just sell tickets.

Instead Nix hires him to run the entire show, seems like a fay cry from the 10+ million dollar man the Bills front office was spewing about after firing Jauron.

So, now there is talk of a trade to bring in Donavon McNabb, the guy who seems to be somewhat injury prone the last few years. The same guy who gets hit a few times in a game starts throwing errant passes all over, don't the Bills already have several of those QB's? Besides the fact that the Bills would need to trade valuable draft picks away for a guy who might already be over the hill.

The Bills opted out of hiring a "spashy", 10 million dollar named head coach for a guy who was lucky to get a another job in the NFL, even as a QB coach.

1 - When were the Bills spewing about hiring a $10 million coach? Show me one link that ties a Bills official to that statement.

2 - Show me one link that ties a Bills official to a possible trade for McNabb.

3 - The Bills hardly "opted out" of hiring Cowher. From all reports they were persistent in pushing hard for him. You can lead a horse to water but...

There is a lot of stuff swirling in the media and you can't get caught up in the roller coaster because you don't really know what the Bills are thinking. What media reports had the Bills hiring Gailey before it happened? Or Doug Whaley? Or Bruce DeHaven? Or the two strength & conditioning coaches? I understand your angst but the fact is we just have to wait and see.

1 - When were the Bills spewing about hiring a $10 million coach? Show me one link that ties a Bills official to that statement.

2 - Show me one link that ties a Bills official to a possible trade for McNabb.

3 - The Bills hardly "opted out" of hiring Cowher. From all reports they were persistent in pushing hard for him. You can lead a horse to water but...

There is a lot of stuff swirling in the media and you can't get caught up in the roller coaster because you don't really know what the Bills are thinking. What media reports had the Bills hiring Gailey before it happened? Or Doug Whaley? Or Bruce DeHaven? Or the two strength & conditioning coaches? I understand your angst but the fact is we just have to wait and see.

+ 1

There is no point in deciding the season through conjecture. Let's wait and see if the hires translate to W's.