BUFFALO BRAVES on TV Saturday night!

Braves vs. 76ers

April 18, 1976

ESPN Classic

Saturday 10:00 p.m. to midnight EDT

(repeats Sunday 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.)

For those of you who may not remember, this is Game 3 of the best-of-3 series which took place in Philadelphia. Bob McAdoo makes two free throws with no time left in regulation to tie the game and the Braves go on to win in overtime.

The only playoff series the Braves ever won!

Guest Guest_Formerly Allan in MD_*

I'm sure Paul Snyder won't be watching.

For anyone not knowledgeable, Snyder is the money grubbing "twin" of Art Modell. Snyder destroyed a very promising Braves team and shot his home town in the back in order to line his already loaded pockets. Snyder and Modell are AKA the epitomies of repulsive professional sports team owners.

Allan, it was a sad day to watch the Braves move to Boston. If I remember this correctly, Snyder sold the team to John Y. Brown (might have middle initial confused). Brown tried to move the team to Louisville, but the other owners prevented the move. Thwarted with that attempt, he sold the team to an owner from Boston who traded the team with the then owner of the Celtics. The new Braves owner went to Boston with several of the Braves and the Celtics moved to San Diego with a few of the Celtics. Sounds confusing, but that's about how I remember it. Might have it off some.

I don't blame Snyder for the sale. A guy is entitled to do what he wants with his money and owning a sports franchise and dealing with today's prima donnas wouldn't exactly be something I'd do with money. I'd open a Playboy mansion instead. Even if you don't make any money with the mansion, getting screwed by your employees conjurs up nice thoughts :doh: