Chan Gailey and the 2010 Bills.

Okay, I get it. This is the proverbial vomit moment for Bills nation. I get it. I was just as let down as anyone yesterday. Chan "FREAKING" Gailey???!!!!

But, we have to deal with it. Forget the guy(s) who wrote on the board after the announcement "Farewell" addresses or what have you. I am a fan of this team, till the day I die or til the team moves...well, wherever (whichever comes first).

As furious as this team and its owner makes me, I'll stick with them. Even if I accumulate a few more ulcers along the way.

The point is, we can't change who the coach is. Its Chan Gailey. No matter if we like it or not, we can't change that. The guys been the head coach for 18 hours and hasn't lost nor won a game yet. He hasn't essembled a staff yet nor drafted anybody, nor said who the quarterback is going to be nor finished with a losing record.

I'm not going to say if the guys a bad coach after 18 hours and hasn't coached a game yet. I'm just gonna see what he brings to the table and live with it. I'm going to give Gailey a chance. Not saying anyone else has to. But I am. Even if I have ten years of reasons not to. Call me a sucker, but....

Okay, I get it. This is the proverbial vomit moment for Bills nation. I get it. I was just as let down as anyone yesterday. Chan "FREAKING" Gailey???!!!!

But, we have to deal with it. Forget the guy(s) who wrote on the board after the announcement "Farewell" addresses or what have you. I am a fan of this team, till the day I die or til the team moves...well, wherever (whichever comes first).

As furious as this team and its owner makes me, I'll stick with them. Even if I accumulate a few more ulcers along the way.

The point is, we can't change who the coach is. Its Chan Gailey. No matter if we like it or not, we can't change that. The guys been the head coach for 18 hours and hasn't lost nor won a game yet. He hasn't essembled a staff yet nor drafted anybody, nor said who the quarterback is going to be nor finished with a losing record.

I'm not going to say if the guys a bad coach after 18 hours and hasn't coached a game yet. I'm just gonna see what he brings to the table and live with it. I'm going to give Gailey a chance. Not saying anyone else has to. But I am. Even if I have ten years of reasons not to. Call me a sucker, but....

....no thanks, I won't call you a sucker. I prefer to call you a real Buffalo Bills fan. Take a look at what Bill Cowher, Dan Reeves and Herm Edwards say about Chan in articles on this board. Plus I loved the passion in both Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix from yesterdays' press conference. Would I have been happier if Chris Polian was our new GM and Bill Cowher the new coach? Absolutely. But like you say, we are real Bills fans and we are not going to quit on them, until they leave town. Buddy Nix's passion and instinct to defend his team reminded me of a young Bill Polian back in the day, telling us that Marv was our coach and Jim was our QB, and if we didn't like it, get the hell out of town. Granted, Chan's going to have to win an AFC East Championship or two before he deserves to be defended like that and God knows we have no Jim Kelly for fans to get mad at right now, but at least Buddy is standing up for his Buffalo Bills, and I have not seen that since big John Butler (God rest his soul) left town!

If I remember correctly, the hiring of Marv Levy (the first time!) had the gravitas of a popcorn fart. Chan's hiring has roughly the same vibe. That said, we got an experienced guy that has won.

The burden is still mostly on the Nix/Modrak/Guy team ... two-thirds of which should've been jettisoned three weeks ago. It seems to me that is the much bigger concern.

Again ... here is the need for a "Like" button

Church