regarding cowher

blade

I'll probably get a lot of heat for this. If Ralph would be offering around 10 mil. per for Cowher like a lot of people are talking about I'm sure I wouldn't want him. There is no coach worth 10 mil. per year. I don't care if you could bring Lombardi back to life to coach the Bills he wouldn't be worth it either. I can't think of any coach making 6.5 mil. or more currently so I would offer 500 grand over whatever the highest paid coach is currently making per year. Take it or leave it. I wouldn't want any coach that had to be dragged up here because he was offered an obscene amount of money to coach. If someone thinks that he is too good for the Bills let that person stay where he is. In a way I would prefer a person with perhaps a little less of a resume but who really appreciates the opportunity Buffalo would be affording him.

May I also add although I was very much a fan of the Steelers' defenses during Cowher's tenure up there I was not a fan of his offenses. I don't remember his offenses being very explosive and that is what this Bills team needs even more than tinkering with the defense. Before someone says it I know thats what offensive coordinators can be used for but I'm not sure Cowher will want to totally submit to the will of any offensive coordinator. Another question to ponder is if the type of o. linemen we have would mesh with Cowher's preferred type of offense (smashmouth straight foward running of the ball). I remember Cowher having some big o. lines. Except maybe for Incognito who might not be here next year we have guys that fit more in a zone blocking scheme. I know that there have to be changes on the o. line anyway but there isn't going to be a change at every position. There will be at least two (Wood assuming he comes back from that horrible leg fracture and Levitre) and possibly three if you include Butler.

I want it to be known I'm not against Cowher coming here but I only want him if he really wants to be here. There are still some former head coaches and coordinators like Martz (although I know that some of you don't like him) who would love the opportunity. If he needs ridiculous incentives to come here he can stay where he is because there are negatives with him too. I mean if they're going to beg a former coach to come up here (which I don't like) you might as well do it with someone who was more successful than Cowher like say a Jimmy Johnson. Yea he beat the hell out of us twice in those two Superbowls but he won twice while having both an explosive offense and awesome defense which Cowher can't claim.

All I'm saying is I would like the Cowher pick too but I keep it in perspective. He is not the Messiah and there would be potential negatives with that pick just like anyone else.