Coaching situation

I'm an avid reader but infrequent poster here at TBD. Most of the time I read posts where my thoughts have already been stated, so there's no need to repost or sometimes threads and posts are so comical that a response just isn't warranted. With that being said, I wanted to offer my thoughts on our coaching situation.

I have no sources or reliable information but I believe the Bills have done everything they possible can to get Bill Cowher. Based on statements from people who "hate" us (Mort, Schefter, Clayton) and people who love us Kelly, Thurman, Coach Sal, Joe Logan? They have all said money is not the issue. People with knowledge of the search say Brandon and Ralph both were at the "stealth" meeting with Cowher. I mention that because as far as I know no other candidate has met with Wilson himself which Nix said they would do with the finalists. I think he has the offer and knows what he wants to do. After all Lombardi said the Bills have their guy in mind. I just wish Cowher would man up like Shanahan and say definitively whether or not he wants the job and not leave us with our a$$ hanging in the wind. I don't think Cowher wants to coach here and if that's the case I don't want him<-----(you can gladly rub this in my face if Cowher does and I'll admit I was wrong.)

I also don't understand the few people with animosity toward the other candidates or the ABC's (Anyone But Cowher) It's like the Bills front office is pilloried for even mentioning the likes of Frasier, B Schotty, Rivera or any other coordinator as the Bills just being their usual selves. People threatening to quit being a Bills fan if an ABC is hired. If Cowher isn't the guy someone has to coach us. I'd be ok with any of them though I want Harbough if Cowher doesn't come. I loathe Billick but I wouldn't stop being a Bills fan if he's ultimately the guy I'd have to learn to like him. I know he won a SB but I feel much like Trent Dilfer, Billick just had to not screw it up and let that D win the games. He didn't really establish any offensive identity and I feel like almost anyone could've won with that D. I lump Billick in the same category as Switzer, lucky. I have a feeling the candidate that told Peter King the Bills offseason moves sucked (paraphrasing) was Russ Grimm. I hope I'm wrong because I wouldn't mind if he was hired but I just have a feeling it was him.

All I know for sure is someone will coach the Bills in 2010 and I'll be the biggest fan of whomever that will be because that guy will actually want to be here. If you made it this far thanks for reading. I'm prepared to be flamed and ripped apart for telling you all what we already knew but I wanted to post it anyway......Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling the candidate that told Peter King the Bills offseason moves sucked (paraphrasing) was Russ Grimm. I hope I'm wrong because I wouldn't mind if he was hired but I just have a feeling it was him.

Good post - I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on the situation. It's certainly been an adventure trying to follow this situation.

As for the above quote, I also gave it some thought, and my feeling is that it was Rivera who made those comments. Specifically, the comment that he was "less than thrilled" with the Nix hire. Just connecting the dots here, but Rivera was in SD when Nix and AJ had a falling out. I have no idea what really happened, but those left behind in SD seemed to have a bad taste regarding Buddy. Also, Rivera has ties to Fewell from coaching in Chicago, so he may have gotten some negative vibes from his contact Fewell, seeing as he was just fired by him.

Just pure guesswork, and it would be too bad if it was Rivera, because if we go the coordinator route I think he'd be the best candidate, although Russ wouldn't be too far behind.