Nix's take on maybin, i knew i liked him as gm!

gizmo6824

When asked about 2008 No. 11 overall pick Aaron Maybin, new GM Buddy Nix said "We try not to take guys who are one-year wonders; they'll get you in trouble."

Nix was trying to say that if he was in charge last April, Maybin would not have been the pick. He started just 10 games at Penn State before declaring early for the draft and needs to put on a ton of weight. It's too early to call Maybin a bust, but he has to be considered a project at this point. The "pass rusher" had no sacks in limited snaps this season

This was on rotoworld.... im sure almost half this board was saying the same thing last april.....Finally we seem to have someone with a brain up there in the front office....

I dont post much and usually just watch all you guys say what im thinkin but i figured i wanted to share this...

When asked about 2008 No. 11 overall pick Aaron Maybin, new GM Buddy Nix said "We try not to take guys who are one-year wonders; they'll get you in trouble."

Nix was trying to say that if he was in charge last April, Maybin would not have been the pick. He started just 10 games at Penn State before declaring early for the draft and needs to put on a ton of weight. It's too early to call Maybin a bust, but he has to be considered a project at this point. The "pass rusher" had no sacks in limited snaps this season

This was on rotoworld.... im sure almost half this board was saying the same thing last april.....Finally we seem to have someone with a brain up there in the front office....

I dont post much and usually just watch all you guys say what im thinkin but i figured i wanted to share this...

See other thread a few pages long on this...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=104853