favorite Bills player?

Bruce Smith - best Bill during the glory days

OJ - Probably the best Bill. The 2nd best RB of all time. Due to his post football activities this is not the most politically

correct answer. He was the most spectacular Bill and for the majority of the 70's was the only Bill worth watching.

Eric Moulds - If he only had a quarterback to throw to him. Though the numbers don't support it I think he is arguably the

most talented Bills receiver of all time.

Thurman Thomas - Could do it all.

Jim Kelly - Never got the publicity that Elway or Marino got. All he did was kick everyones butt with regularity.

Cornelius Bennett - We didn't become a winner until he came.

Andre Reed, Cornelius Bennett, and Steve Tasker should be HOF bound in my opinion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Smith - best Bill during the glory days

OJ - Probably the best Bill. The 2nd best RB of all time. Due to his post football activities this is not the most politically

correct answer. He was the most spectacular Bill and for the majority of the 70's was the only Bill worth watching.

Eric Moulds - If he only had a quarterback to throw to him. Though the numbers don't support it I think he is arguably the

most talented Bills receiver of all time.

Thurman Thomas - Could do it all.

Jim Kelly - Never got the publicity that Elway or Marino got. All he did was kick everyones butt with regularity.

Cornelius Bennett - We didn't become a winner until he came.

Andre Reed, Cornelius Bennett, and Steve Tasker should be HOF bound in my opinion.

OJ is not the 2nd best of all time, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Marcus Allen, Emmit Smith, Barry Sanders all rate above OJ, OJ could not/would not block and really was not a good reciever

OJ is not the 2nd best of all time, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Marcus Allen, Emmit Smith, Barry Sanders all rate above OJ, OJ could not/would not block and really was not a good reciever

I have Jim Brown as the best. But at the peak of all of their careers if I was picking a team it would be OJ after Brown.

Until someone gets 2000 yards in 14 games it will be OJ for me.

I'm going by what I have seen and I have seen all of them play quite a bit.

1 Jim Brown - The most powerful..period. How many times did you see Jim block or receive?

2 OJ - The most spectacular since Gayle Sayers. No one ever caught him from behind. Contrary to opinion he could catch.

3 Barry Sanders - Really deserves to have the all time record. Could have played longer but didn't. If he didn't play for

the Lions with a bad OL he probably would have had more yards.

4 Eric Dickerson - Powerful and dominated when he played. Didn't always play for good teams.

5 Walter Payton - Outside of Jim Brown probably the toughest of the bunch. He and Emmitt had long term durabilty better

than the rest which resulted in long careers and great numbers. Again played for bad teams until the end of his career.

6 Emmitt Smith - Very durable, read the hole amazingly. Probably played on better teams than the above.

Marcus Allen and Thurman were probably 2 of your best receiving RB. Better than the above. I just don't think they were top 5.

If you were picking a team with RB's at their peak who would you put on your team?

First of all, I have to say Bruce. Some tackles couldn't even block him and he was in the backfield or on the quarterback play after play after play.

Second is Thurman for obvious reasons.

And I don't think it has been mentioned, but Leonard Smith. Man could that guy bring the wood!

• 2 weeks later...
This is my first post, although I enjoy reading the comments of others daily.

My favorite Bills player is/was Jim Braxton. When he was a rookie here in 1971, he and his wife and baby lived in the apartment next to me, and we became friends. Not only was he a terrific fullback, but he was one of the nicest and most down-to-earth people I have ever known.

In addition to being a fine runner, his blocking ability was one of the reasons for the amazing numbers posted by OJ Simpson, including his 2000+ yard season in 1973. He unfortunately died at 37 of lung cancer in 1986.

A wonderful man, fondly remembered.

I did not know he passed. Shame, sounds like he was a nice guy. R.I.P.

The list, in order:

Bruce Smith (greatest impact player the Bills ever had)

C. Bennet

D. Talley

J. Kelly (#1 offensive weapon for the Bills ever, I mean, the guy called his own plays at the line)

A. Reed

T. Thomas

S. Conlan

S. Tasker (perhaps the greates special teams player ever to play the game)

K. Hull

W. Wolford

K. Ballard

F. Reich (currently holds the records of greatest comebacks in both college and NFL)

K. Davis (the greatest backup running back the Bills have ever had)

B. Paup

N. Clemens

There are more, but that 90 to 94 squad was just purely magical, and by the way young fans, a portion of that team was built by two seasons at 2 - 14.