Logic in using Bill Cowher's name in the Press Conference

TheZone78

Hi all...

Just thinking aloud here with Sal's information and then watching yesterday's conference. I find it very odd that both Kelly and Thomas both spoke openly of Cowher yesterday.

If an individual(s) had prior knowledge of a coaching candidate coming to their perspective teams why would they openly mention it in a press conference before it was official?

If an individual(s) was asked their formal opinions by the front office and they were rejected the only way to really get that across to stubborn ownership would be in a public venue like yesterday.

If an individual(s) mentions openly who they want as head coach in a formal venue it tells me they have no input or any current knowledge of what direction the team is going to head.

Any thoughts?

Hi all...

Just thinking aloud here with Sal's information and then watching yesterday's conference. I find it very odd that both Kelly and Thomas both spoke openly of Cowher yesterday.

If an individual(s) had prior knowledge of a coaching candidate coming to their perspective teams why would they openly mention it in a press conference before it was official?

If an individual(s) was asked their formal opinions by the front office and they were rejected the only way to really get that across to stubborn ownership would be in a public venue like yesterday.

If an individual(s) mentions openly who they want as head coach in a formal venue it tells me they have no input or any current knowledge of what direction the team is going to head.

Any thoughts?

Agreed. Kelly and Thomas (especially the latter) I don't suspect have some daily view and strong influence on the goings-on at One Bills Drive.

So use the art of public persuasion / pronouncements to try to influence the thinking. Can't say I blame them for trying.

Agreed. Kelly and Thomas (especially the latter) I don't suspect have some daily view and strong influence on the goings-on at One Bills Drive.

So use the art of public persuasion / pronouncements to try to influence the thinking. Can't say I blame them for trying.

I don't blame them either! Hope it works.

Intrigued that Jim and Buddy will sit down next week for a chat.

Any thoughts?

If it were a secret that the Bills are pursuing Cowher, that would make sense. But it's not (anymore). And so far, no one from either the Bills' side or Cowher's side has denied that they've talked and are continuing to talk.