Well, the Decade is mercifully over.....

zow2

I'm so glad we don't have to hear about how the Bills have not made the playoffs in this decade. The Indy game represents the first game of the NEW decade. Even though it's a glorified exhibition game vs. Indy's second and third stringers...I want to win this one to open this next 10 yrs on the right side.

and the next decade will see the Bills build a team poised ot become a playoff contender. Which will be quickly followed by Ralph's passing, and the sale of the team to non Buffalo interest. This team that was poised ot become a playoff contender in Buffalo will now be a multi-superbowl winner in another town/ dynasty (see the example; Quebec Nordiques --- Colorado Avalanche)

it's Buffalo and we come to expect the biggest and cruelest jokes

and the next decade will see the Bills build a team poised ot become a playoff contender. Which will be quickly followed by Ralph's passing, and the sale of the team to non Buffalo interest. This team that was poised ot become a playoff contender in Buffalo will now be a multi-superbowl winner in another town/ dynasty (see the example; Quebec Nordiques --- Colorado Avalanche)

it's Buffalo and we come to expect the biggest and cruelest jokes

[/q

Yet another posting that buys into notion that once RW is no longer on the scene, the Bills will immediately be sold to someone who will move the team out of Buffalo. RW and his defenders have been using this argument for years to deflect criticism of RW's incompetence in running this franchise, i.e., we have to be nice to RW and give him whatever he wants (including a taxpayer financed renovation of the stadium which we have named after him) or he will move team. RW has been threatening to move the team for 40 years and it has not happened. At this point I'm sure he is amazed that anyone still believes this threat. As for the team being sold to someone after RW's passing who will move the franchise, the franchise will only be moved to a location that will build a new stadium. Has anyone noticed that state and local governments all over the country are broke? What politician is going to tell taxpayers right now that they should shell out hundreds of millions to build a new stadium? Those days are over. I know Roski in LA is claiming that he will build the stadium with private financing, but this is not 2006 when such financing could be done in the credit markets. It cannot be done now. As for Toronto, the tickets sales for the Bills game there will not encourage anyone to think that moving the Bills to Toronto is a great idea from an economic perspective. Given the current economic circumstances, if the Bills are sold the greatest likelihood is that they will be staying in Buffalo.