Cincinnati steals another coach

PushthePile

Just a thought, does anyone understand that the student atheletes are getting a FREE education. It is the ticket to the rest of their lives, consider that the top 2% of college atheletes make it to the pros and have an average career, the other 98% of student atheletes are getting their education for either nothing or virtually nothing other than the hard work it takes to be a student athelete. Im sure their are plenty of people, myself included, who wouldve loved to have a full ride to a reputable D-1 school for some sport. The NCAA and schools make money on their sports, but they also provide for the atheletes (room, board, meals, tutors, tuition, books) not to mention a degree at the end of it all. Im so sick of people trying to make the schools out to be the bad guys they give these kids the chance to get a free college diploma, and the possibilitiy of getting to the pros, doesnt sound that bad.

Sort of. I taught film and english comp at Oklahoma State University for three years; I can tell you that student athletes do not actually go to class or do anything. They appear on your class list but actually attend "student athlete tutoring," which is kind of not a real thing. In exchange for football they get a free degree in Communications. Notre Dame has been having problems mostly because the school actually makes the football team go to class.

Sort of. I taught film and english comp at Oklahoma State University for three years; I can tell you that student athletes do not actually go to class or do anything. They appear on your class list but actually attend "student athlete tutoring," which is kind of not a real thing. In exchange for football they get a free degree in Communications. Notre Dame has been having problems mostly because the school actually makes the football team go to class.

ESPN's. TMQ had a bunch of comments recently, including about ND. Long read - sorry.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

I read recently that U Cinn has the best graduation rate among the BCS top ten this season, FWIW.

ESPN's. TMQ had a bunch of comments recently, including about ND. Long read - sorry.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

I read recently that U Cinn has the best graduation rate among the BCS top ten this season, FWIW.

that's a kind of scary article--scary and true. When I was at OSU 600 million was pumped into the football program and I didn't have a chair in my classroom. And no AC in my office, which sounds like a luxury only if you've never been to Oklahoma.

Actually teaching at a DIV 1 school is what turned me off of college football.