Looks like U Cinn taps CMU's Butch Jones for HC

stuckincincy

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009121...+named+UC+coach

I feel a bit for the players - loyalty in sports counts, and I imagine that some are feeling like they're riding on a yo-yo. Welcome to the adult world, I guess..

Jones should be a good fit. He followed Kelly at CMU and had success with the players from Kellys system. I see no reason he wouldn't be able to follow that same plan at UC. The timing of these coaching hires does suck for the kids. They commit to play for a coach,and a year or 2 later these coaches move on. The NCAA needs to look at the timing of these moves and put in some no-tampering rules or something. I can't blame the coaches for moving on to better opportunitys,they're kind of stuck in a bad position. The NCAA needs to look at the whole situation and come up with a set of regulations concerning the timing of this stuff. Maybe no contact till after the bowls or something. Try to make a period of time (maybe summer?) when these moves could be made with the minimum amount of damage.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.