Buffalo is the best situation for anyone of caliber

Poeticlaw

Buffalo is the best situation for any experienced HC/GM to come into. Why do I say that you might ask.

First, let me point out what others on here have not.

Our QB is easily replaceable no big hits to the salary and noone earning more then 2 mil a year. Which means that the new coach can bring in any QB that fits his style witout hurung the salary cap for years to come.

Our OL is easily upgradeable with the exception of our 2 draft picks. Noone on the line is making more then 2 mil a year and could be released without any damage to our salary cap. So the new Coach could build the line he wants.

OUr WR fir the most part is easily upgradeable. TO is gone but if the new coach feels he could utilize him better he may or maynot be able to come back. Josh is a free agent and doesnt have to come back. Parrish is the only exception trading him could net us a low draft pick but will take a hit to the salry cap maybe the new HC could actually utilize him.

With the exception of Whitner/Schoebel/ Stroud and Maybin everyone on defense can be replaced with little hit to the salary cap.

We are also sitting in a very good position with our salary cap next season making it very easy to upgrade the talent level of this team.

Therefore the new head coach/GM

can make any type of change to this team with little effect to the salary cap and build his team quicker than he could with any other team.

Fianlly Raplh has beed quoted as stating he would be willing to pay 10 mil a year for the qualified candidate. I believe they are looking for the HC/GM not one or the other. Otherwise why would they be looking at Homgren/Gruden/Cower/ or Shannahan.

But I believe the want Shannahan and based on the reading between the lines his close friend Adam Schefter Buffalo is a very appealing situaion for Shannahan especially because of the shape of our salary cap. If Shannahan somehow turns down the position expect the Bills to go for a gm and the GM will make the coaching decision.

I firmly billieve that Shannahan will be the HC/GM but regardless if he is or not Buffalo is very appealling to a new GM.

That's the problem, your going to have to totally rebuild this team. just because you have the money does not mean you can get all the players you need. Many free agents are never as good as they were on other teams.

Good coaches want to win now not rebuild a team for 3 or 4 years from now.

As we found out this year the Oline is not easily upgradeable.

Also good QBs are not readily available.

All the things you stated is what does not make this an appealing position for Shanny, he wants to win now and the team is not there.

That's the problem, your going to have to totally rebuild this team. just because you have the money does not mean you can get all the players you need. Many free agents are never as good as they were on other teams.

Good coaches want to win now not rebuild a team for 3 or 4 years from now.

As we found out this year the Oline is not easily upgradeable.

Also good QBs are not readily available.

All the things you stated is what does not make this an appealing position for Shanny, he wants to win now and the team is not there.

Any Coach going to a new team KNOWS that team has problems or they would have kept the old Coach. The Bills have many pieces in place, they need help on both lines & a QB. What team is Shanahan going to that is ready to win now other than Dallas? I think this team can make the playoffs in 2 years Max with the right Coach.