Poz sucks!!

DerrickO

What's your definition of a "star" middle linebacker?

There's only 3 in the league that can be classified as stars...

Patrick Willis

Ray Lewis

Brian Urlacher

And out of that list, Willis is the only one that isn't past his prime or fallen into the injury bug. Lewis is still great, but he can't be for too many more seasons, and Urlacher hasn't been the last few seasons what he used to be, and he is out for all of this year. To show you the poor quality of MLBs in the NFL, Poz might be a top 10 at the position and that isn't saying much.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone needs to expect much more from our players. This is why we suck. If they make one good play every once in a while everyone seems to think they are great. If a good coach comes in don't expect to see many of these guys around anymore. We need a complete overhall on both sides of the ball. That is why we are what we are.......3-7. Stop defending a team that can't win. Most of these guys would not even start anyplace else.

I'm with you 100%. I'm shocked at the number of people on this board who actually came away from yesterdays game thinkin Poz played a good game. With the exception of the forced fumble Poz was once again a below average, slow, oops I went the wrong way, oops I slipped at the goal line.....Linebacker. He's a liabiltiy in coverage, he's a liability when he's asked to blitz, he's a liabilitty when he's one on one vs. a TE or a RB, and he's a liability when he does make tackles because he's usually dreagged forward for another 2-3 yards. At best he's slightly below average, and for a guy that most think is one of our top defenders, that's pretty bad.

Granted Poz isn't the second coming of Derrick Thomas or anything like that, but where are the so called "facts" and not just your biased opinions?

My opinion is based off of watching nearly everyone of his home games live in person and the rest on t.v. Next game try and zero in on Poz for a few series. Watch how many times he takes miststeps and is fooled by motion and misdirection. Hr constantly take himself out of plays by running in the wrong direction. If a LB has 8 tackles that does not neccesairly mean he played a solid game. Here are the facts on Poz yesterday:

1. He forced a fumble. Props.

2. Stonewalled every single time he blitzed. Not once did he even come remoterly close to breaking into the backfield.

3. On mulitple occasions took himself out of position by taking 2-3 steps away from where the run was going.

4. Slipped and was no where to be found as MJD crossed the goal line. Let me add he was unblocked on the play and should have prevented the TD.

I will say this: Poz is easily replaceable in this defense. Kawika Mitchell, who isn't a great LB either is much mroe valuable because he's actually fairly good at something: blitzing. More often than not when Mitchell blitzes he at least generates some pressure on the QB forcing an early pass. When Poz blitzes, 95% of the time it generates absolutely nothing, not even a QB hurry. When his contract is up you will see how important the front office views Poz is to this defense. Unless he signs a very cheap and favorable contract for the Bills, he will be gone, along with Whitner and Lynch, 2 other players that are highly overrated on this board.

I think a decade of non playoff teams, and really bad talent has skewed a lot of Bills fans into thinking very average players are actually good.

I'm with you 100%. I'm shocked at the number of people on this board who actually came away from yesterdays game thinkin Poz played a good game. With the exception of the forced fumble Poz was once again a below average, slow, oops I went the wrong way, oops I slipped at the goal line.....Linebacker. He's a liabiltiy in coverage, he's a liability when he's asked to blitz, he's a liabilitty when he's one on one vs. a TE or a RB, and he's a liability when he does make tackles because he's usually dreagged forward for another 2-3 yards. At best he's slightly below average, and for a guy that most think is one of our top defenders, that's pretty bad.

Thank God someone has some balls. If we settle for below average players than we will always be a below average team.