Cowher as new coach or bust

box0life

What gives anyone the impression that Cowher or Holmgren (or Shottenheimer or Gruden or anyone else) would be interested in the Bills job or that Wilson would be interested in them? Just because people on this board would prefer them, that doesn't really mean anything. The Bills are going to get whoever Wilson prefers, and his track record isn't great.

Au Contraire! I think DJ was Marv Levy's choice.

Shanny please. That dude has a consistent scheme. Give him the keys. I wasn't ever impressed with Holmgren's Hawks. Cowher has the right intensity, but was he also the beneficiary of being swaddled in a stable organization with sound football practices? If you want youth, bring in Gruden with a real football GM.

Gruden would probably be a good fit. This isn't a team stocked with veterans and most of the guys have just reached their prime age or aren't quite there yet. When you have a young team, I think you're better off with a younger coach that can relate to them. Jauron is too old-school and conservative (and just old) to effectively coach a young team.

There was a report not too long ago that somehow linked Bruce Allen (former Tampa GM) to the Bills. Not sure how that came about, but I wouldn't be surprised if Allen brought Gruden along wherever he went.

Quick trivia question to everyone who wants a big name coach. How many coaches have coached 2 different teams Super Bowl wins?

The answer is "0". But how many have taken two different organizations to a Super Bowl appearance? The answer is 5-Shula (Colts/Fins), Vermeil (Eagles/Rams), Parcells (Giants/Pats), Dan Reeves (Broncos/Falcons) and yes Mike Holmgren (Packers/Seahawks). And for what it is worth, with better officiating, Holmgren could very well be the first to win with two different teams. The only reason Pittsburgh beat them was the beyond terrible one sided officiating in that game. So if what you are getting at is would I want Holmgren, in a heartbeat.