Its official: Joey Porter named NFL's 2nd Dirtiest Player

toddgurley

Again, my issue isn't with Ward's attitude toward taking the physicality to the defense as much as they take it to the offense. I actually like that part. I just think that there's a clean way to do it, and a not-so-clean way, and that Ward chooses the latter more often than his peers.

P.S. The Bryce Paup his was on Paul Justin--the backup QB for the Colts, and you can Youtube it to see that the crown of Paup's helmet was up; he went facemask-to-facemask with Justin, which I believe is still legal according to the current rules.

I can understand where your coming from, I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I'm sure Ward has taken his fair of cheap shots but to label him the worst is difficult given the nature of the sport. As for the Paup hit, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly. From memory he led with the helmet and got a little high up by the QBs head. I believe it was very debatable at the time. Let alone now.

Umm, yeah, it is. But hitting a guy in the neck/throat with a forearm is totally illegal in football, so spare me the "I'm and old school tough guy" song and dance.

How often has Ward been penalized, fined for the acts you are claiming? If his play is that egregious, you must have a Rodney Harrison length rap sheet for Ward that you can share with us.

How often has Ward been penalized, fined for the acts you are claiming? If his play is that egregious, you must have a Rodney Harrison length rap sheet for Ward that you can share with us.

Ward is a Steeler. Harrison was a Pat*.

You surely know that certain teams get the calls.

Look up the '05 Jerome Bettis Super Bowl Victory Tour season...