Losman's injury

Yeah I know it sucks for him, nobody wants to break their leg. However, this may turn out to be a positive in the long run. How? It will prevent us from turning on Drew Bledsoe like a pack of hyena after his first bad game. We won't be ABLE to call for Losman until at least the midpoint of the year, at which point we will know if Drew has bounced back or not. Most of the work JP would get is classroom and scout team - half speed. In other words, mostly mental, not physical. He can still get all of his film study in without thinking about starting for several weeks. When he is healthy he can resume his limited snaps (backups get VERY few snaps during the year) and continue his studying. He will still be on schedule for next season, and maybe in his spare time the Bills can schedule some workouts with the Bisons so he can learn how to slide properly...

Bad break for JP, maybe a good break for the team?

A blessing in disguise for us wallers, but not for the team.

I don't think any of the Bills players would start jumping on the Bedsoe has got to go bandwagon, at least not as fast as some here on the wall would or already have.

This unfortunate situation is probably a big plus for us here at the wall though, as in server relief. We should have about 500 less posts a day after every Bills game talking about how Lossman should be in there and not Bledsoe.

One thing that could happen is that the grouping of Evans, McGahee and Losman will become tighter through this...JP hasn't had to rehab an injury like this and Evans and McGahee have had major injuries twice. I can already see this little support group forming....which would be nice for cohesion in 2005 and/or 2006 when they are the triplets...

One thing that could happen is that the grouping of Evans, McGahee and Losman will become tighter through this...JP hasn't had to rehab an injury like this and Evans and McGahee have had major injuries twice.  I can already see this little support group forming....which would be nice for cohesion in 2005 and/or 2006 when they are the triplets...

9036[/snapback]

I've never looked at it like that, but I think you might be on to something, assuming after the season that TH gets traded not WM those three could be with us for a long time, and they will always have the inury thingy in common.

One thing that could happen is that the grouping of Evans, McGahee and Losman will become tighter through this...JP hasn't had to rehab an injury like this and Evans and McGahee have had major injuries twice.  I can already see this little support group forming....which would be nice for cohesion in 2005 and/or 2006 when they are the triplets...

9036[/snapback]

oh man i just got the shivers....evans-losman-mcgahee will be nasty in 3 years

The idea of JP/WM/Evans bonding through this seems so speculative that though it is possible it seems not worth much worry or thought.

As I have said in earlier posts, I think that never playing in a game this year and not even worrying about playing seems far far very far more likely to be the key to making Losman a better QB for the Bills future than having him devote his time and effort toward the unlikely potential of him playing that I do not see his injury (assuming he recovers fully) as being a negative for him or for the Bills prospects. My thought was certainly to see him not play and concentrate on learning as our disaster QB, but he certainly can do the same injured or on the IR as he couyld do as our #3.

The big bonus from his injury is actually not for him but for us as we will not have to listen to Pats partisans, idiots or whomever calling for Bledsoe to be sat (mostly regardless of whether sucks or is playing well enough, or even platying well) and Losman to be rushed in and put on the Todd Collins player development track.

Personally, I want to see Evans bond with Bledsoe or bond with Brown if our back-up plays and have him waste his 2004 time on bonding with JP kept to a fairly minimal level. Likewise, if WM devotes his limited time to keeping up a positive competition with Henry (a fulltime job given the trouble-makers in the media and even from his own agent who seem to want a controversy regardless of its effects on the TEAM) rather than worrying about bonding with Losman I think its appropriate for him to devote little time to JP.

I'm happy to see Losman happy and if he needs someone to bond with, my nominees is that he bond with Sam Wyche. I think it will be best for Losman as a player and the Bills for the future if JP uses his phusical rehab time when playing will be a non-possibility for him to learn as much as he can from Wyche.

[

9011[/snapback]

Yeah I know it sucks for him, nobody wants to break their leg.  However, this may turn out to be a positive in the long run.  How?  It will prevent us from turning on Drew Bledsoe like a pack of hyena after his first bad game.  We won't be ABLE to call for Losman until at least the midpoint of the year, at which point we will know if Drew has bounced back or not.  Most of the work JP would get is classroom and scout team - half speed.  In other words, mostly mental, not physical.  He can still get all of his film study in without thinking about starting for several weeks.  When he is healthy he can resume his limited snaps (backups get VERY few snaps during the year) and continue his studying.  He will still be on schedule for next season, and maybe in his spare time the Bills can schedule some workouts with the Bisons so he can learn how to slide properly...

9011[/snapback]

I don't think so. You need all of your best players healthy for the whole year, regardless of any rivalry or controversy!

This way we're more sure of winning games.