Drew Bledsoe is a nice man

Barry in KC

I think the problem with Drew being a nice man is that:

1. Drew is a nice man and nobody wants to hurt his feelings by either benching him or cutting him.

2. Being such a nice man, Drew has no fire or anger to make things happen.

But, there is no doubt about it, Drew Bledsoe is a nice man.

1. Drew is a nice man and nobody wants to hurt his feelings by either benching him or cutting him.

119858[/snapback]

That Drew is a good person and a nice person, hopefully he will be afforded a means to pass the torch to JP in a fashion of respect rather than be humiliated, there is nothing to be gained by beating down Drew Bledsoe. If it is his time to end there is no crime in that, it comes for everyone.

Even more so, I think he is a good player to have around under the right conditions, but these conditions are fairly limited, declining with his age and not the situation the Bills are in at all.

To me, Bledsoe has been an extremely positive player to have under two very limited but winning situations.

1. In the mid-90s with one of the best HCs ever, Parcells was able to pull off having him be the QB on a team which made the SB. I attribute a lot of this to Parcells force of will as he employed an offense which made good use of the threat of Drew's arm, called upon Bledsoe to be a positive leader only as he provided tough love discipline to the team which got them to play their hearts out with him dropping the bomb on someone who sinned against the team, and dealt with Bledsoe's worst limitation by constantly reminding hin to throw the damn ball.

2. Bledsoe played a central role to the Pats first SB winner through the being a positive by not being a negative and gracefully stepping out of the weigh when Brady took his job bh playing well when Bledsoe was hurt.

Bledsoe did two things which were even more extraordinary for a competitive player and person. While not becoming a cancer is what a "normal" person should do (btw, most pro athletes are not normal) Brady speaks highly of the positive role Bledsoe played in guiding him to be a pro as a youngster and when Brady went down in a must-win game, Bledsoe QB'ed the TEAM to a win.

Drew Bledsoe is a real teamer and a nice guy from all outside signs. However, his package of skills and limitations simply do not fit the Bills right now and he should not have been resigned.

119858[/snapback]

Drew sounds a lot like John Kerry.