Sam Aiken got a 54-yard TD reception

BillsWatch

Sorry, working my sixth day this week and home drinking liquor cuz we are out of beer.....he's 28 turning 29 but still he point stands. He's servicable and a good ST guy but not going on to some great career.

I didn't realize he was that old, still it will be interesting to see if he gets a larger role after today.

I didn't realize he was that old, still it will be interesting to see if he gets a larger role after today.

He has no wear and tear; a useful 3-4 years he may still play. Even if mostly special teams, it is a useful respectable 10 year career. Lots of years, and played in almost every game. Made some cash.

Steve Tasker, in his first 10 seasons in the NFL, caught a measly total of 10 passes.

In Tasker's final two seasons in the NFL, he had 41 receptions (15.3 ypr) and 17 rushing attempts as a slot receiver on 3rd downs. If you didn't see Tasker play as a receiver, think Wes Welker. Blazingly quick, ran good routes, was fearless, and had good hands.

At the time it was a revelation and many people were wondering why he wasn't used more as a wideout. Part of the reason of course is Reed, Lofton, Beebe, etc. Part of the reason too, is that some players are typecast as special teamers and never really get the chance to show what they can do from scrimmage.

What does that possibly mean about Sam Aiken? I've always felt that Sam Aiken had the talent to be a good receiver, not just a great special teams player. He's got good athletic ability (vertical jump is superb) and size, and football instincts.

Now because of the injury to Edelman and the release of Galloway, Sam Aiken is finally getting the chance to show what he can do from scrimmage. I wouldn't be the least surprised if he became a pretty good wide receiver.