The Bills need to be the next "Hard Knocks" Feature Team

Got_Wood

This show could actually do wonders for this team. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but think about the benefits...

- National exposure. NFL fans nationwide will get to know these guys. Get us back on the map without having to do some publicity stunt like signing TO.

- Let us see our coaches and management behind closed doors. The Bengals turned out to be less screwed up than everyone thought they would be. I have a feeling the Bills are just as screwed up as we think they are.

- Confidence booster. Let this team know that they are in fact part of the National Football League, and they are on the same level as every other team out there.

- Could potentially chronicle the turn around of a franchise. We could be looking at a whole new coaching staff and a new QB next year. Would make for great TV.

Can we campaign for this somehow?

Ummm, no one cares about Buffalo outside of Upstate, NY- it would be a huge marketing error by HBO if they did the show in Buffalo. Oh sure, there are Bills fans sprinkled around the country, but not enough to generate much interest in the team.

Ummm, no one cares about Buffalo outside of Upstate, NY- it would be a huge marketing error by HBO if they did the show in Buffalo. Oh sure, there are Bills fans sprinkled around the country, but not enough to generate much interest in the team.

That's why they need to be a part of the show. It's not like Cincinnati ("The Nasty") has a huge fan base. Like I said, it puts you on the map. I think a lot of people were surprised when they saw TO in Buffalo on his reality show. More people need to be exposed to the city of Buffalo and its team. It can be nothing but positive for us.

I think Jaraun would single handedly scuttle that show for HBO. Ratings would be off the chart low. So boring. So lifeless.

No doubt about it. That's why I said it would be really interesting to showcase our new coaching staff and QB. The show starts in training camp 2010.

as opposed to the legions of Cincy fans?

as opposed to the legions of Cincy fans?

I guarantee you there are more Cincy fans outside of Cincinnati than there are Bills fans outside of Upstate, NY. Plus, even though I can't stand the guy, "Chad Ochocinco" was a draw for viewers. I suppose T.O. would be too- but he was already on the previous season. Let's face it, the Bills have the most boring guys in the league personality-wise- that, combined with their very local appeal, would doom the ratings.

I guarantee you there are more Cincy fans outside of Cincinnati than there are Bills fans outside of Upstate, NY. Plus, even though I can't stand the guy, "Chad Ochocinco" was a draw for viewers. I suppose T.O. would be too- but he was already on the previous season. Let's face it, the Bills have the most boring guys in the league personality-wise- that, combined with their very local appeal, would doom the ratings.

I take it you haven't been down south in a while...

When they played SD a few years back, we had over 1,000 supporters (that we knew of...probably more than double that) and that's in SoCal...you can't get 1,000 REAL Chargers fans to a game there. And out of all thetravelingIv'e done, outside of the major market teams, I have seen more Bills T-shirts and hats floating around than any other team. And out here in Vegas, they are probably them most flaunted logo of any team.

I spent a good amount of time in Columbus and Cincy and you barely saw any Jerseys, hats, anything for either of their teams. I would love to find stats on this because I would bet 2-1 minimum that the Bills have more out of market fans

I guarantee you there are more Cincy fans outside of Cincinnati than there are Bills fans outside of Upstate, NY.

I think not, Sir.

Since 1991, when Mike Brown took over after his Dad's death, and prior to this current season:

They own 1/3 of the entire league's 0 and 8 starts.

They have had 8 losing streaks of 7 or more games.

Overall since 1991, they are 101 - 186 - 1. 71 of those wins were in the 2nd half of the season.

Most folks here watch the B'gals out of curiosity, simply to see what they will do next.

:wallbash:

INDISPUTABLE PROOF....from some ESPN guy last year based on a made up formula and his opinion>>>BUT PROOF NONE THE LESS!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/co...tory?id=3549100

Awesome. I think we blow Cincy out of the water in terms of fans nationwide. And on top of that, I think we've got a lot of marketable guys on this team. TO (obviously), Marshawn (if he stays out of trouble), Freddy (great story), Stroud (huge and great personality), Whitner (talks a lot), Poz (beast), Steve Johnson (nice rhymes, wish he could see the field more), Kyle Williams (big country), Eric Wood (big clown).

How do we promote the Bills for the show? We need that kid who generated the funds to put up the Fire Jauron billboard to get this promotion going. :unsure:

Awesome. I think we blow Cincy out of the water in terms of fans nationwide. And on top of that, I think we've got a lot of marketable guys on this team. TO (obviously), Marshawn (if he stays out of trouble), Freddy (great story), Stroud (huge and great personality), Whitner (talks a lot), Poz (beast), Steve Johnson (nice rhymes, wish he could see the field more), Kyle Williams (big country), Eric Wood (big clown).

How do we promote the Bills for the show? We need that kid who generated the funds to put up the Fire Jauron billboard to get this promotion going. :unsure:

This is as close an email contact as I can get from their site. Maybe if they get a strong rush, we could be in the running....and if camp looks like ass, they can always just show the tailgaters for ratings

http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contact...e=documentaries