Bills Front Office...

Kipers Hair

I think what you are seeing with the Bills is a classic example of ownership that is not interested in throwing any more "good money" after "bad". I would hazard a guess than Ralph is thoroughly frustrated with this team and organizaiton - I bet he's hurt by this. Anyway, Ralph probably has no support to continue to spend the families inheritance in bringing in Gruden or Cower, but he is still in a position to have to do something - he is a Hall of fame owner and has too much pride to sell before he passes.

As long as RW lives, it's a pretty predictable pattern - this will play out in the off season with Jouron getting axed, a mid-level coaching prospect like Russ Grimm or Jim Fassell or perhaps a Brian Kelly or DeWayne Walker from the collage ranks coming on board and promising a fresh start. They'll bring in a "football" guy (perhaps a Jim Kelly) to assess talent and move Brandon back into more of a Marketing / Operations position and strike off on a new season ticket sales campaign.

A large part of me feels bad for Ralph - he threw a lot of good money at bad personnel moves over the past 5 years, including drafting of players that were not worth the moneies paid to them. Ralph has shown a willingness to pay for players, but when it comes to the front office situation, he seems unwilling to pay and I think at this point in his life, he is getting counsel from his estate to not throw any more good money away. In their eyes, they don't want the team so anything spent is a waste. Ralph is just too damn stubborn to sell before he passes, so we are stuck with a hearted attempt at a pro franchise...which accoridng to most here, is better than none I guess....